Maybe You Played Against Cheater...
Maybe you played against cheater and you did not even know they were cheating. What i am saying?
We have 2 type cheaters:
Group A = This type cheaters are trolling killer and survivors. They are flying around, insta-heal, insta-Unbreakable, faster than killer etc. You can easyly see who is cheating on this case and you can report them, game over.
Group B = This type cheaters don't wanna get catch. And they are cheating very carefully. Because this type cheaters are not trolls, they are trying win. So what are they doing? They are changing numbers. 2% haste, little faster gens, faster vaults etc. And you can not understand they were cheating or they were good survivors.
Just week ago i had cheater on my survivor game. I was working on my generator alone and then my generator %25 free progression. But i did not see who was cheating because they hided so well. So what we can do on this case? I don't know but we seriously need re-play system. It should be better for reports but devs clearly said this will not happen on Q&A.
Watch Otz's video. He was playing against very susp Dwight, he understood something wrong because Otz is very exp DbD player. But even he had not 100% proof.
Comments
It would be nice if DbD had automatic monitoring on the server side of matches for suspicious results such as players moving faster than possible or actions being impossibly quick, etc. Then if the system detects suspicious activity it temporarily suspends the account pending customer service review.
And on a related note they really could use a system which, when someone submits an ingame ticket, it saves a game replay file as an attachment to the ticket for customer service. Requiring average players to record all their own games using third party software just on the off-chance they happen to see a cheater isn’t nearly as effective as an automatic system that gives customer service the actual file they need without any player action required beyond submitting the ticket itself.
I've played against the infamous Last Standing perk.
I think that counts.
Had a game where the survivors were using subtle hacks. I knew from the first chase they were hacking because they were the same speed as me on a loop (I couldn't catch up). I dropped them and went for others. I git a hook but then they all started insta healing and jumping onto roofs of structures. They were subtle until subtle wasn't going to help them win. It was disgusting.