Jason Voorhees: He's actually a real possibility now.
Jason Voorhees.
The 1 big killer missing from the Dead By Daylight world is actually able to be acquired and added to the Dead by Daylight roster, as far as I can tell.
OK, so hear me out. After looking into the final decisions of the court the final decision was in favor of the original author of the first movies script, however, that is actually not a bad thing for DBD. In the first film all that existed of Jason was a "ghost boy at the bottom of a lake", and not the hockey mask machete wielding killer who he is after the first movie. Thus Miller has absolutely no rights to Jason as we all know and love him. Those rights and story are completely owned by Horror Inc who are aggressively looking at opportunities for the character now.
With the legal dispute now resolved I can't see any reason as to why Dead By Daylight can't acquire licensing from Horror Inc to add Jason Voorhees to the game. The only exception currently is that there could be no mention at all of the first movies title (Friday the 13th) listed in the game and they'd have to be careful with how they explain his back story making sure not to infringe on any rights that belong to Miller exclusively.
The "Friday the 13th Game" has a major issue because they used aspects from both new and original Jason movies and content. Thus they can no longer do any additional content to the game.
Now that the lawsuit is over Dead By Daylight would not have that issue as it will be very clear what they can and cannot have in the game. And should the independent developers of the Friday the 13th game hold licenses that DBD would need to make the character then I honestly don't see that it would be that difficult to acquire the licensing from this small independent developer that now has a game which can only go downhill from here. It would be smarter for them to sell whatever rights they have to the game, perhaps with contingencies that their game in it's current state can continue to exist and make whatever money they can off of it before it's completely dead.
Feel free to discuss this, or tell me if I'm missing anything that would still be holding DBD back from getting him in the game?
Comments
Would the Entity push anyone who is inside the gates out as they close so nobody is trapped inside?
These are super cool and I can just seen myself playing as Jason with those perks. I think they would be very fun and add new dimension to killers' kits.
The power i am 50/50 on...it just seems hard to come up with a solid power for him....I feel it may be better served on a different type of killer. But I just don't know what an appropriate power would be.
Maybe something passive to play off his M1 killer style (an extra perk slot?).
An extra slot would be pretty awesome though. Perhaps some kind of fear inducing mechanic that switches certain button actions due to "panic" or something of the like? I'm not sure lol. It's difficult for sure.
I always wanted first person for survivors, but it will never happen because the needed animations would be a big effort. They didnt even want to make new animations for the DS rework, so....