Questions on the MMR system

So I recently came back to dbd after about 9 months. My first couple of games as killer were about what I expected, since I was very rusty I only got one kill per game basically. As I got better however, I couldn't get a single kill, every game it felt like the survivors were miles above me, I was told that MMR is mostly based off of how many kills you could get each game, and since I was getting zero Kills I thought it would pair me against some players around my skill level, but still no. I just played a game as spirit where I got floored, checked their steam profiles and 3 of them had over 2000 hours, and its starting to get really old. My question is how exactly does the MMR system work, and is there a way to more consistently face players around my skill level?

Comments

  • The MMR system currently has some pretty severe issues regarding the matching portion; it'll prioritise speed over accuracy in a lot of instances, like off peak times, backfilling games where someone left in the lobby, and other such instances.

    It's unfortunate, but it's been acknowledged and is ostensibly being fixed.

  • @jesterkind said:

    The MMR system currently has some pretty severe issues regarding the matching portion; it'll prioritise speed over accuracy in a lot of instances, like off peak times, backfilling games where someone left in the lobby, and other such instances.

    It's unfortunate, but it's been acknowledged and is ostensibly being fixed.

    I see, so maybe playing at peak times will help in facing players around my skill level?

  • @Themuncho said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809196#Comment_2809196

    I see, so maybe playing at peak times will help in facing players around my skill level?

    You'd stand a better chance at peak times, yeah, but it's also worth grappling with the idea that it's just going to be inconsistent for a little bit.

    I've found, personally, that I get more consistent games on killers that I should have higher MMR on since I perform better on them, so maybe that helps?

  • @jesterkind said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2809215#Comment_2809215

    You'd stand a better chance at peak times, yeah, but it's also worth grappling with the idea that it's just going to be inconsistent for a little bit.

    I've found, personally, that I get more consistent games on killers that I should have higher MMR on since I perform better on them, so maybe that helps?

    Got it, thanks for the help!