Thoughts on M&K Console support?

Hi! Made an account for the forums to try and get a feel for what people think about mouse & keyboard being added to consoles?

Whilst BHVR have said it's not currently planned, I know that I personally prefer using mouse & keyboard inputs on a lot of the games on my Xbox - and DBD would be a very very welcome addition to this. The only potential issue I'd see would be having an advantage against other console players who aren't using M&K, but considering the game is crossplay and console players are already facing people using M&K, what's the difference?

I just feel like adding an alternative input method is a small but significant improvement to the QOL on consoles. (Of course, BHVR have things to prioritise development on before even looking at these kinds of changes, but the point of this post is just to see if people would agree or disagree with M&K on console)


TLDR;

Do you support the addition of mouse and keyboard support for consoles?

Comments

  • @katedensonstan said:

    Hi! Made an account for the forums to try and get a feel for what people think about mouse & keyboard being added to consoles?

    Whilst BHVR have said it's not currently planned, I know that I personally prefer using mouse & keyboard inputs on a lot of the games on my Xbox - and DBD would be a very very welcome addition to this. The only potential issue I'd see would be having an advantage against other console players who aren't using M&K, but considering the game is crossplay and console players are already facing people using M&K, what's the difference?

    I just feel like adding an alternative input method is a small but significant improvement to the QOL on consoles. (Of course, BHVR have things to prioritise development on before even looking at these kinds of changes, but the point of this post is just to see if people would agree or disagree with M&K on console)

    TLDR;

    Do you support the addition of mouse and keyboard support for consoles?

    The devs said in their latest Q&A they have no plans to add this support to the consoles. The reasons given like two years ago were something like "it would take too long, require too much work, and require a UI overhaul as well."

    Smells like never too me, so I wouldn't bet on seeing it happen.