Question about bodyblocking.

I just played a match of killer. I was playing against a extremely toxic 4 man swf.

They bodyblocked me to take hits and blocked the hook so i couldnt hook them. Once i got someone on hook and saw that they tried to save the hooked player i went back and blocked them to secure the kill. At the end of the match they were complaining about me bodyblocking them and called it exploiting.

I was like, what?! Survivors can bodyblock as much as they want but if the killer blocks the hook they call it exploiting???

My Question is: Is bodyblocking a survivor exploiting? Becase i always thought blocking survivors in a corner and hold the game hostage was bannable but blocking them when they try to save is just like they bodyblock the killer.

Comments

  • No, it's not exploiting - Ignore them. They're just upset

    The only time bodyblocking would get you banned is hostage holding contexts.

    if the game can end = it's not a game hostage situation.

  • @Brokenbones said:

    No, it's not exploiting - Ignore them. They're just upset

    The only time bodyblocking would get you banned is hostage holding contexts.

    if the game can end = it's not a game hostage situation.

    Thank you, I just wanted to make sure because i did block the hook. The other survivors could just run away from the hook and i didnt trap any survivors that weren't on hook in a corner or anything.๐Ÿ˜€

  • @GamerEzra said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2792218#Comment_2792218

    Thank you, I just wanted to make sure because i did block the hook. The other survivors could just run away from the hook and i didnt trap any survivors that weren't on hook in a corner or anything.๐Ÿ˜€

    No problem!

    A lot of people just spew this kinda stuff to try and intimidate/make people feel bad for something that happened in the match. Petty trashtalk

  • @GamerEzra said:

    I just played a match of killer. I was playing against a extremely toxic 4 man swf.

    They bodyblocked me to take hits and blocked the hook so i couldnt hook them. Once i got someone on hook and saw that they tried to save the hooked player i went back and blocked them to secure the kill. At the end of the match they were complaining about me bodyblocking them and called it exploiting.

    I was like, what?! Survivors can bodyblock as much as they want but if the killer blocks the hook they call it exploiting???

    My Question is: Is bodyblocking a survivor exploiting? Becase i always thought blocking survivors in a corner and hold the game hostage was bannable but blocking them when they try to save is just like they bodyblock the killer.

    No its not. If they do it you can. Play the team . If you get a cool group then its not needed, but as i tell survivors too, if they play trash its open season. From both sides.

  • That's why killers SHOULD be blocking the hooks.