DBD is at peak unfriendliness for killer
So recently I got a close friend of mine to play DbD, she's a fan of horror/slasher movies so she got hooked instantly. 2 days after getting into the game she had to go on a trip so she asked me if I could play some matches on her account to level up the rift and do some missions.
I played my first killer match on her account, expecting to chill against not-so-good survivors, I even had spotify playing in the background because all I wanted to do was complete missions and then mess around. But holy ######### her matches were no different than mine. I have around 2k hours mostly on killer and had to play the same as I do on my main account, I faced iri survivors with meta perks and 2 BNPs in the first match.
I can't help but wonder... would it be like this for every new player? I knew SBMM is ######### but I didn't expect to suck this bad, now I would really love to see stats on new killer players retention or something, because I don't think buying this game, some DLCs (which aren't anywhere as cheap) just to start your first killer match and be destroyed because you faced survivors with way more playtime than you.
Comments
Listen man, those survivors had to wait a really long time to SWF stomp your friend. Why don't you have some consideration for them??
Dbd is very unnewbie friendly.
Killers require meta perks to be viable and you wont get them straight off unless you sink alot of dollars into the game.
Hence why i think perks need to be purchasable with bp rather than waiting on random shrine/bloodweb.
But sbmm can be very wide, if no players are around her sbmm then the reach extends to those who have been waiting the longest, so inc 5k hour rank 1 survs.
Had it last night playing pig with around 4 hours play time get swf squads get stomped no hooks. Go on Huntress after get newbies who i 4k after finishing 1 gen.