SBMM at work ppl

So I bought myself the Pinhead chapter today since they readded the voice lines and I saw umbra play him on stream and thought he was looking really cool. Leveled him up a bit and got a few perks and wanted to go for a test run. First group I got 4 iri rank 1 survivors with 4 proove thyselfs that click and flashlight me. So that game was super fun. But I thought welp it can happen let me try again. Next game once again iri suvivors that each have like 3k hours plus. Third game same picture.

a) This shouldnt happen since I never ever played Pinhead before so my MMR should be at the bottom.

b) It makes it so unfun to learn a new killer tbh if u just go up against squads like these. I want to have at least a slight bit of a chance. Basically I gave up on learning him now since I dont hate myself enough yet.


This really shouldnt happen and if it does the system is clearly not working as intented

Comments

  • MMR for a new killer is not at the bottom, it is slightly below your overall average with the killers that you do play. If you keep playing pinhead and losing the MMR for pinhead specifically will decrease and you'll get more balanced games.


    It's also getting to the point where many people are getting their red grades. Grades are not MMR and the rewards for grades have increased so more people will be pushing to get these grades, you should not be surprised to see players who have earned IRI I Grade regardless of skill.