Is it just me or pinhead seems to be a bit broken

Ok so I had a match with a pinhead and I normally solve the box when he's carrying someone. This time the chains kept hitting me refusing me to solve the box or is that normal? I honestly thought if you're trying to solve it the chains will stop.

Comments

  • You are correct, in patch 5.4.0 it mentions fixing a bug that says chains are not supposed to automatically attack you while solving the box

    • Fixed an issue that may cause survivors to be attacked by the Chain Hunt while they are solving the Lament Configuration.

    If you have a video of it you might want to submit a bug report.

  • If chains start to harassing you since you picked up the box, you need to dodge 2 chains and then you should have time window to solve the box without issues

  • It's very hard to solve the box while being targeted by chains, you need to watch where the chain will spawn, seek cover and start solving before the chain is gone. I am not sure if that is intended as chains will not spawn during the solving of the box. One alternative would be to keep the progress between attempts instead of resetting it and another could be still attaching the chains during the solving but not interrupting it.

  • @lagosta said:

    It's very hard to solve the box while being targeted by chains, you need to watch where the chain will spawn, seek cover and start solving before the chain is gone. I am not sure if that is intended as chains will not spawn during the solving of the box. One alternative would be to keep the progress between attempts instead of resetting it and another could be still attaching the chains during the solving but not interrupting it.

    First solution isn't good because it will be possible to solve the box while being chased.

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    Ok so I had a match with a pinhead and I normally solve the box when he's carrying someone. This time the chains kept hitting me refusing me to solve the box or is that normal? I honestly thought if you're trying to solve it the chains will stop.


    (before reading my paragraph, what happened to you is a bug that they said they fixed but apparently it came back.)


    instead of having an attitude, i’ll explain. the reason why he feels or looks so broken is because he’s the type of killer that’s really hard to play and difficult to master, so the devs made him a high risk: high reward killer. in reality, he actually has a lot of garbage add-ons and only has a few that’s great and one that’s opaf.

    pinhead doesn’t need a nerf at all, i do believe he needs a “Original Pain” and “Engineers Fang” rework though, and perhaps buff his base solve time for the lament configuration to 7s up from 6s since Remains and that other add-on got nerfed. a bad pinhead would usually always teleport, find it hard to hit with the chain, and cant keep a chain hunt up, and use their luck to find the box. a good pinhead can find the box, know when or when not to teleport, and have an easier time using the chain, and can almost always keep a chain hunt up. that’s what i mean by high risk:high reward.

    so in my honest opinion, pinhead is one of the least killers that need a nerf right now

  • Dodge 3 chains and start working on the box, you'll be chain-free. Pinhead is quite weak, his 1v1 is arguably the second worst 1v1 in the game, just slightly better than M1 Killers. It's super easy to dodge and usually loses you distance instead of gaining. It's only useful at unsafe loops

  • Otherwise we need easy mode

  • @dugman said:

    You are correct, in patch 5.4.0 it mentions fixing a bug that says chains are not supposed to automatically attack you while solving the box

    • Fixed an issue that may cause survivors to be attacked by the Chain Hunt while they are solving the Lament Configuration.

    If you have a video of it you might want to submit a bug report.

    Sadly I wasn't recording

  • @ShinobuSK said:

    If chains start to harassing you since you picked up the box, you need to dodge 2 chains and then you should have time window to solve the box without issues

    The didn't spawn in until timer ended and he had a survivor on his back. It refuse to let me solve it

  • @lagosta said:

    It's very hard to solve the box while being targeted by chains, you need to watch where the chain will spawn, seek cover and start solving before the chain is gone. I am not sure if that is intended as chains will not spawn during the solving of the box. One alternative would be to keep the progress between attempts instead of resetting it and another could be still attaching the chains during the solving but not interrupting it.

    Well it was interrupting it because he had a survivor on his back and he was across the map

  • Don’t feel bad, most people don’t, including me. Unless you’re streaming I’m not sure why you’d bother recording your games.

  • @dugman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2789114#Comment_2789114

    Don’t feel bad, most people don’t, including me. Unless you’re streaming I’m not sure why you’d bother recording your games.

    Yeah but I hardly stream anymore.

  • I have noticed this too, I told my friend to body block me in a corner of a room so I could finish it whilst they block the chains. you can also do it as soon as u turn a wall. Tbh, as an occasional Pinhead player, I think they should keep it lowkey, It's not like pinhead is OP.

  • That's what most people do when they realize it's not an easy mode income money maker like they think.

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    Ok so I had a match with a pinhead and I normally solve the box when he's carrying someone. This time the chains kept hitting me refusing me to solve the box or is that normal? I honestly thought if you're trying to solve it the chains will stop.

    I made posts explaining this several times, so I'll try to make it quick.

    1) No new chains spawn while attempting to solve

    2) Chains in the process of spawning will still interrupt you.

    3) To counter this, you need to pause a moment, wait for a chain to spawn, dodge, and then immediately try to solve. If you're hit, by the time you break free, another will already be in the middle of spawning.

    4) Breaking by the environment will always spawn an extra chain. So don't do that when you're trying to solve the box.

  • @Sepex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2789127#Comment_2789127

    That's what most people do when they realize it's not an easy mode income money maker like they think.

    What? No I'll gladly do it for free. I just quit because I hardly had anyone to watch

  • @jarjargist21 said:

    Ok so I had a match with a pinhead and I normally solve the box when he's carrying someone. This time the chains kept hitting me refusing me to solve the box or is that normal? I honestly thought if you're trying to solve it the chains will stop.

    If anything, he's on the weaker side.

    A trick for the chains: Pick up the box, move somewhere safe. Chains will spawn in volleys (I think 1 chain for every survivor alive -1 ). Dodge the volley, then solve it.

  • @alpaca_boyyy said:

    I have noticed this too, I told my friend to body block me in a corner of a room so I could finish it whilst they block the chains. you can also do it as soon as u turn a wall. Tbh, as an occasional Pinhead player, I think they should keep it lowkey, It's not like pinhead is OP.

    When chain hunt starts that's the only time Pinhead is at his strongest. You're gonna face really good Pinheads doesn't mean he's broken.

    @jarjargist21 said:

    Ok so I had a match with a pinhead and I normally solve the box when he's carrying someone. This time the chains kept hitting me refusing me to solve the box or is that normal? I honestly thought if you're trying to solve it the chains will stop.

    I have a question why do you let the chain hunt begin.when you do have the box chain hunt is decreased for other survivors or is it disabled completely ? Now you're the only person who being patronized by the chains fully,when you do solve the box.Pinhead will either come to you or not and.Chain Hunt deactivates,but if he's close obviously he'll probably attacked you to get Means to summon. I don't understand what is the problem?