Proximity chat
Hear me out.
If proximity chat were added, wouldn't that be awesome for all survivors?
Of course people would still use discord for the advantage but it would still be such a nice base kit feature for.
It would add to the horror aspect since you realistically cant talk to anyone once you're alone.
What do you guys think
Comments
I think its a no brainer, as much as I hated the Friday game the radios were cool. Maybe add something similar? Finding walkies in the trial?
I feel like making it a task would only hinder solo survivors desperate for communication, while buffing swf that can side step that process altogether.
I don't get why theres no communication between survivors in game
Only if I can turn it off. Really don't want to hear all kinds of background noise or chatter while playing.
There's no reason you shouldn't be able to it would be bad design to not have a mute option. It should be push to talk as well.
* guy with microphone in mouth begins to speak*
Insta-mute
horrible idea, discussed to death. if you introduce it you need to balance around it, which requires people to either use it (or be even worse than they are now) which heavily discourages opt out. Meanwhile I don't want to hear what the average DBD player says/yells/complains/etc mid match, i get enough of that poison elsewhere.
it was directly designed that way, the killer's biggest weakness is that their time management is directly influenced by how efficient survivors are. The only way to balance survivors being more efficient would be to make killers more deadly, since time would inherently be even more on the survivor side. SWF breaking this balance has been an issue since it was introduced, and is why things like the kindred and windows buffs were designed to massively benefit solo survivors.
Can't help but feel there will be a portion of players who (knowing their team-mate is on mute) will deliberately grief them because of this, or berate players for not doing what they want.
It wouldn't be a thing I'd have interest in using, and to hear the voices of other players would break the ambience for me, alongside hearing abuse and such.
I can see why some would want this feature, and there are benefits to it, but I honestly feel like I'd hate this to be included.