Hex: Crowd Control on Bubba

Today, I did a experiment with Hex: Crowd Control on Bubba to see if it's effective during chases. This perk gave me a high success rate during chases and most survivors decided to throw in the towel and leave the game. I'd say it's a good perk for him despite it being a Hex totem.

I had a much better experience than with the perk Bamboozle. I managed to do lots of mind games and end up downing them with my chainsaw while they're off guard. Eating God pallets like Cookie Monster and blocking windows from fast vaulting again so chases usually end very quickly.


Advantages:

  • Can block multiple windows.
  • Blocks a window for 20 seconds after a survivor rushed or fast vault it. -- This is good against double L walls, L-T walls or Killer's shack.
  • Bubba don't have to vault the window.

Disadvantages:

  • It's a Hex totem.


If you come across matches where you think your Hex totem is being cleansed too soon, I would advice to combine Hex: Crowd Control with either Hex: Thrill of the Hunt or Hex: Undying.

Comments

  • No, I would never taint my lord with the curse of rngesus. Bubba deserves better than McDonald's hex spells.

  • i really wish that hex made survivors vault speed slower or the killer's vault speed faster as a bonus then actually it would be worthy of being a hex, cuz even when they block the window they can make it to another loop a lot of the times. which makes me feel bamboozle is more worth it really.

  • Would it pair well with Hex: Blood Favor? This would add one more egg into the basket, but the first few chases would be pretty harsh on the survivors, depriving them of nearly their resources just like that

  • He’s the only killer I run it on. When it works, it does give amazing value.

  • I tried crowd control on bubba for several weeks and ultimately concluded that bamboozle was better and far more consistent.

    The upsides to bamboozle is the faster vaulting speed, it can’t be removed because it’s not attached to a totem, and it can even be used as a surprise element since a survivor doesn’t know you have it until you vault a window. Crowd control curses you as soon as you vault a window as a survivor so you immediately know and can start playing around it.

    I can only really think of one game in that timeframe where crowd control really helped me win in a situation that bamboozle wouldn’t have, and it was a game with ridiculous back-to-back window spawns that pretty much meant I would’ve had to play M1 bubba even with bamboozle, but CC was able to block all of them.

    Crowd control is overall a weak hex perk and probably needs to be buffed, again.