How can I counter this?
When playing as Oni, survivors always double back on me as I start my demon strike animation and I can do nothing but miss and try again, only to get juked until my power expires. What can I do?
When playing as Oni, survivors always double back on me as I start my demon strike animation and I can do nothing but miss and try again, only to get juked until my power expires. What can I do?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I haven't played DbD in a long while now, but I don't think Oni has been changed since that time. Are you holding down the button to attack, or are you doing it quickly? You only have to hold the button down until Oni's hands flash red, and then you can instadown. Holding it definitely makes it harder to control.
I don't hold it. Also, this problem actually mostly applies to dashes, sorry for not clarifying
Aah, that makes more sense. Admittedly, the dashes were where I was weakest. You can technically flick if you are on PC, but that was something I was never great at. There are a few things you can do, though.
As you come up to them, and they double back on you, stop dashing. This way, you can just chase them normally and use your strike, which is easier to hit. I find this is most consistent since in my experience Demon Strike is so much easier to hit.
Another thing you can do, once they do it to you once, is just wait it out, This also applies to Dead Hard, but that's not very consistent, especially since they just broke the perk even more. This doesn't always work, since good survivors will probably just adapt and mix it up.