What's the best way to deal with this game screwing you over time after time?
Hey everyone.
First post on here (i've always looked at the forums but never made an account but i thought given recent times i felt i had to ask this).
I'm not someone who gets easily triggered by losing, if i get outplayed i'll always give props to the other player.
But for some reason one thing that gets under my skin is when certain bugs or lag happens in games i.e
When someone gets unhooked and i get frozen and either get hit or go down when i wouldn't of been had it not froze me.
Pressing dead hard but still going down even though i pressed earlier then the killer pressed their button.
Always fast vaulting windows and running a few steps and still getting hit.
I know these things always happen and it's part of the game but i'm just wondering, how do you guys deal with it? Because for me, if i make the right play or i outplay the killer and i still get hit/downed, it puts me in a terrible mood and i hate getting angry about it, more so when i'm playing with friends.
I was thinking about taking a break but with certain friends, it's the only game we have to play so any advice or tough love would be appreciated.
Thanks everyone.
Comments
Honestly? Just try not to take it too seriously. Bugs and lag aside, there’s plenty of frustration to be found here, and the best approach is to just take it for what it is and enjoy the fun moments because there are still plenty to be found.
Resilience will solve like 90% of your getting hit while vaulting problems. Dead hard validation just means you are laggy or got outplayed.
Never gotten stuck while unhooking though. I'd probably shrug it off because DBD is a game with 5-10 minute matches and you just move onto the next one.
I drink.
It is all about consistency. I vaulted a window and took a step to the left and still got hit by a hatchet. However, that was the only time they hit me. The fact that they needed such a Cornball hit was basically a sign that I was not in any real danger. In other words, it doesn't matter if I am good enough, and if I am not good enough, well, it also doesn't matter because I would have been caught anyways.
Take a break and play something else