Will totem spawns ever be fixed?

Comments

  • I had a screenshot on my old PC that was my ruin just besides a gen at a hill on Macmillan. Like, less than 2 meters apart. Weirdly, it took them well into the mid-game to actually cleanse it.

  • I can point out a god tier totem spawn for every bad one. It's an RNG mechanic and it's a risk that comes with a totem build. They can only be so well-hidden before they become either A: predictable or B: unbalanced. Better hidden but not too well hidden means the spots are easy to memorize over time, so the problem stays the same. And option B means every survivor starts running totem perks and maps w/ totem tracking to counter, and you get less value than you ever did before.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I can point out a god tier totem spawn for every bad one. It's an RNG mechanic and it's a risk that comes with a totem build. They can only be so well-hidden before they become either A: predictable or B: unbalanced. Better hidden but not too well hidden means the spots are easy to memorize over time, so the problem stays the same. And option B means every survivor starts running totem perks and maps w/ totem tracking to counter, and you get less value than you ever did before.

    I agree with your point, but having them spawn literally right next to gens is inexcusable. I’m fine with them being the open sometimes (if sometimes they are also very well hidden), but not on top of a gen