Making the right changes at the wrong time.
I'm going to preface this post by saying I'm a killer main, I play FAR more survivors right now, but the reason why I've stuck around for so long is the enjoyment I derive from playing killer. Now that being said, I really like the changes we've seen recently for survivor, I liked the wiggle changes, I think snowmen and boons (excluding COH) are ok, and the proposed changes for solo queue has me pretty excited. But the problem I have right now is that all of this is coming at the expense of killers, a side that has historically been shafted quite a lot. It's pretty evident that the devs don't view killers as their priority, which I think is fine, but when these issues are neglected for so long, it begins to compound and increase difficulty and most importantly: frustration.
I have been bm'ed by killers more in the past two weeks than my entire time playing this game (Mind you, I have about 500 hours on survivor.) The amount of miserable killers who take out their frustration on survivors has made the experience worse for survivors too. And this doesn't stop at gameplay, all across the forums you see constant quitting post, frustration from killers, and more hatred aimed at specific devs. So at this time of immense tension and distain, what changes are we seeing to help improve the experience of our players? Nothing, in fact, we see changes that the overwhelming majority of players who tested it gave negative feedback.
Behavior are making the Right Changes at the Wrong Time, and instead of helping to create a more friendly environment, we're seeing more poor changes no one asked for. If there was a great time to make some changes in management/reception to feedback, I'd say now is absolutely the time, because what I've seen as of late is quite disappointing as a huge fan who see's great potential for this game.
Comments
Well said.