Wake Up! Effect Does Not Match Description

I'm using the Xbox One X version of the game.


Wake Up! Says it opens gates 25% faster, and since the gate takes 20 seconds to open, it should shave off 5 seconds I think. After several matches of testing with my phone's timer, I think it only shaves off 4 seconds or 20%, I believe.

Tagged: Pending

Comments

  • This is not a bug - 4 seconds off is exactly what it's supposed to be.

    The way Wake Up works is that it increases opening speed by 25%, as you stated. An exit gate normally requires 20 charges to open, and a survivor's default opening speed is 1 charge per second. Wake Up increases this to 1.25.

    So normally, it would be 20 charges / 1 charge per second = 20 seconds to open the gate.

    With Wake Up, it becomes 20 charges / 1.25 charges per second = 16 seconds to open the gate.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    This is not a bug - 4 seconds off is exactly what it's supposed to be.

    The way Wake Up works is that it increases opening speed by 25%, as you stated. An exit gate normally requires 20 charges to open, and a survivor's default opening speed is 1 charge per second. Wake Up increases this to 1.25.

    So normally, it would be 20 charges / 1 charge per second = 20 seconds to open the gate.

    With Wake Up, it becomes 20 charges / 1.25 charges per second = 16 seconds to open the gate.

    oHHHH yeah the whole charge system, I forgot that applies to non-item things. Thanks!