What the deal with unhook "immunity"?

What's the point of having "immunity until you control your character" when it is extremely inconsistent? Can we get a confirmation from the devs if they know that this is an issue or if this is intended? https://youtu.be/f6dhSMr4OxE

Comments

  • Like every patch it was rushed out for release without bug testing. I have had matches where the person being unhooked has kept the immunity for nearly 5 solid seconds after running and I have had matches where people go down before they even touch the ground.

  • This was reported even on the same day after they release this, but nothing happened so far and it made it through into live builds without adressing anymore.

    Thus, I guess its intended.

    The funny thing is that it does exactly the opposite than it should. IF the killer gets denied his hit by such "feature", then he will become really salty and "secure" this kill even harder. I have noticed this playing solo survivor, being farmed by random plebs as well as playing killer myself.

    Sure, you get a few additional seconds of sprinting around, but you will regret it deeply. JUst another of these completely flawed designs

  • Only ever worked for me after unhooking myself.

    I've been hit multiple times before my feet even touch the ground after being unhooked by someone else.