Dead Hard
Good Day Everyone,
I'm wondering if anyone else has had the issues I've had. When playing as Killer and going against someone using dead hard. I've experienced numerous times when in a chase and as I hit survivor they use dead hard and get away even though the hit stuck them. Now, if they are able to do this before I hit them, more power to them and good play, but to make contact with them and they don't fall, that's BS. My question is, is this a defect in the dead hard perk, or is it the way it was designed?
Thanks,
Tig
Comments
It's hit validation. If they press it before you actually connected, the server reads the priority and sees they did actually press it before the connection. But due to latency between survivor and killer, it looks like you just hit them.
It's a side effect of the validation system, specifically- there's a bug where you still hear the scream even though the hit didn't actually register on either side. You don't go through weapon-wipe, they don't get downed, it's just the scream and the blood splatter effect that plays.
They're implementing a partial fix for that in the next update, though by their own admission it won't eliminate it completely.
Thank You for the comment jesterkind. I understand now what y'all are talking about.