I can no longer play this insanely unbalanced game (just a rant)
From perks to killer powers to terrible mechanics, after sinking 2k hours of my life in this game and upwards of $100, I've finally hit my wall.
I only have fun playing this game about 20% of the time. The rest is just absolutely infuriating. Even mildly looking online about this game, hundreds if not thousands of other players seem to feel the same way. It is beyond belief that there have not been changes between SWF and solos. SWF just breaks the game for killers. Every time a new killer is released, oof another anti-loop killer, let's break the literal only mechanic survivors have in a chase to defend themselves. The new SBMM just ruins most people's experience especially for killers or solo survivors. I seriously want to DC when I join a game and see survivors throwing pallets while not even in chase. Nothing has been done about gen times. Face camping is still viable and one poor son of a ######### that waited in queue for 10 minutes doesn't get to play. Boon totems are busted and make bad survivors worse. NOED is busted all to #########(imagine playing COD and get awarded a nuke for dying 25 times in a row, makes perfect ######### sense). Perks like DS being abused by SWF. And honestly on and on and on and on...
Reading through these discussions both killers and survivors have very valid complaints but the community is so split with this "us versus them" mentality when the fact of the matter is, this game has horrible design flaws and is just a horrendous unbalanced mess.
Maybe I just need to take a very long break, but I can't see myself coming back to it at this point, let along give BHVR anymore money.
Feel free to let your frustrations out on this thread. If any of you finally hit your limit and had to stop playing, I'd like to hear what drove you to stop.
Sorry if it seems like I'm shitting on one of your favorite games, it's one of my favorite games too, but I can't continue to choose to play a game that makes my blood boil. That is not why I play games.
Comments
You should take a break. It's what I did in the past when I felt the game and state of balance was getting too stressful, and it genuinely helped me out a lot. Coming back after a break helps feel a lot less bothered by things like that. I'm sorry to hear you've been having such a stressful time. I've taken breaks for months at a time, and would definitely recommend the same to anyone else in this kind of boat.
I can relate to this, to be honest I don't know how I feel about the game at the moment, it feels like every other day I'm sick to death of the game and want to quit, but the day after that I'm actually enjoying myself, even if I'm getting destroyed. I guess this actually kind of proves the resilience that this game has, that even at a point this low, the game can still sometimes be enjoyable.