Love Vanity Mirror Meyers

Had to pop in and say I still love Vanity Mirror Meyers. ๐Ÿ˜„ Just finished a match with the loadout

  • Add-ons
  • Vanity Mirror - Makes Meyers unable to get to Evil 3 but he can see auras out to 16 meters while stalking and earns bonus bloodpoints
  • Dead Rabbit - Reduces terror radius by 25 in Evil 2 (i.e. from 16 to 12 meters)

  • Perks
  • Save the Best for Last - Faster recovery from basic attack hits but lose tokens if you hit the Obsession
  • Dying Light - Increasing penalties on action speeds for survivors every time you hook someone other than the Obsession
  • Whispers - Detect if survivors are in 32 meter radius
  • Stridor - Sounds increased

So basically I just use Whispers to get in medium range of Survivors, then Stridor or auras to find them and chase them down. (The auras are extremely handy in looping as well, it makes mind games and jukes and hiding against Meyers extremely difficult.) If it's not the Obsession I down them if possible and get a Dying Light token. Or if it's the Obsession I injure them to distract them then just switch targets. Worked great, got a 3k with the Obsession escaping at the last minute. (They just managed to finish the last gen and escape while I killed the last other survivor.) If my Meyers had every perk available I'd probably swap out Stridor in this since it's a little redundant with the auras, but either way it's a fun time. ๐Ÿ˜Š (If I wanted to improve performance, I'd probably stick in Scourge Hook Pain Resonance. But what's more likely would be I'd lean into the Obsession thing even more and take either Play with your Food or Rancor.)

Comments

  • @dugman said:

    Had to pop in and say I still love Vanity Mirror Meyers. ๐Ÿ˜„ Just finished a match with the loadout

    • Add-ons
    • Vanity Mirror - Makes Meyers unable to get to Evil 3 but he can see auras out to 16 meters while stalking and earns bonus bloodpoints
    • Dead Rabbit - Reduces terror radius by 25 in Evil 2 (i.e. from 16 to 12 meters)

    • Perks
    • Save the Best for Last - Faster recovery from basic attack hits but lose tokens if you hit the Obsession
    • Dying Light - Increasing penalties on action speeds for survivors every time you hook someone other than the Obsession
    • Whispers - Detect if survivors are in 32 meter radius
    • Stridor - Sounds increased

    So basically I just use Whispers to get in medium range of Survivors, then Stridor or auras to find them and chase them down. (The auras are extremely handy in looping as well, it makes mind games and jukes and hiding against Meyers extremely difficult.) If it's not the Obsession I down them if possible and get a Dying Light token. Or if it's the Obsession I injure them to distract them then just switch targets. Worked great, got a 3k with the Obsession escaping at the last minute. (They just managed to finish the last gen and escape while I killed the last other survivor.) If my Meyers had every perk available I'd probably swap out Stridor in this since it's a little redundant with the auras, but either way it's a fun time. ๐Ÿ˜Š (If I wanted to improve performance, I'd probably stick in Scourge Hook Pain Resonance. But what's more likely would be I'd lean into the Obsession thing even more and take either Play with your Food or Rancor.)

    I enjoy VM Myers myself, but it's essentially a pure M1 killer. You have exactly as much fun as the survivors and the map want to let you. If you are against a group who just predrop pallets and hold W, or a map like Red Forest or Eyrie, you're going to have a bad time.

    I usually run:

    • Surge (dumb perk, but I enjoy it)
    • Pain Resonance.
    • BBQ (VM is a surprisingly excellent BP farmer)
    • Either Agitation (synergy with PR) or Monitor (even smaller TR with Rabbit, something silly like 8m at the end of the day).

    I wouldn't run Stridor (you have your aura reading, which is sufficient) and while I used to love STBFL, once they realize they have it the obsession will be in your face constantly. I now only use it on killers with excellent ability to locate people really fast (Doctor, Wraith) or the ability to hit the obsession without losing stacks (Pig, Demogorgon).

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/306489/love-vanity-mirror-meyers

    I enjoy VM Myers myself, but it's essentially a pure M1 killer. You have exactly as much fun as the survivors and the map want to let you. If you are against a group who just predrop pallets and hold W, or a map like Red Forest or Eyrie, you're going to have a bad time.

    I usually run:

    • Surge (dumb perk, but I enjoy it)
    • Pain Resonance.
    • BBQ (VM is a surprisingly excellent BP farmer)
    • Either Agitation (synergy with PR) or Monitor (even smaller TR with Rabbit, something silly like 8m at the end of the day).

    I wouldn't run Stridor (you have your aura reading, which is sufficient) and while I used to love STBFL, once they realize they have it the obsession will be in your face constantly. I now only use it on killers with excellent ability to locate people really fast (Doctor, Wraith) or the ability to hit the obsession without losing stacks (Pig, Demogorgon).

    I've run Vanity Mirror Meyers a bunch of times and never had a bad time on any map. ๐Ÿ˜‰ The aura reading and 12 meter terror radius does make him better than just a vanilla M1 killer than no ability.