So the SBMM is never going to work from what I'm reading...
I mean most people have known this for some time anyway, but the fact that ranking are primarily based on kills/escapes is seriously flawed.
And I would say this is more true on the survivor side than the killer side for a couple of reason. Let's say Survivor 1 is able to loop the killer for 3 whole generators but then finally gets caught and camped at the end of the match. Survivors 2, 3, and 4 all escape. According the system, survivor 2, 3, and 4 are "skilled" and survivor 1 is not because he died.
Skill on the survivor side can't truly be measured by just seeing who walks out the gate at the end of the match. I think if anything, chase time or just killer interaction time in general should be the biggest factor. If the killer spent 4-5 minutes interacting with me, that's a display of my skill and ability to run the killer.
Random gen jockey survivor who lost their chase in 10 seconds but escapes at the end of the match is considered more skillful that the team looper who wasted 3 minutes of the killers time.
It's just a really stupid system imo
It's less dumb on the killer side but I also don't think kills is a raw measure of skill either. I can slap on NOED and as long as I have someone hooked before the 1st gen is done, I have a guaranteed 2k every time by literally standing still and face camping. Were those kills skill based? Maybe winning the first chase, sure but everything after that is literally AFK gameplay and then having a Hex clean up for me when i'm done camping whichever unlucky sod got caught first
Comments
Yep, as i understand the system they implemented, problem here is that game looks at it like its four 1v1's.
Which also creates a problem of this kind:
mmr of killer 1500
surv 1: 2000
surv 2: 2000
surv 3: 2000
surv 4: 10
4 man escape? Killer doesn't really loose mmr from survivors 1,2,3... but he loses 500 mmr because he lost to much lower rated player.
Another problem with mmr is that it's 100% hidden, so we have no actual visible proof that matchmaking is fair and there are not cases of solo q doing something like that.
I mean in theory the system works. You play weaker killers, you lose more and get weaker survivors. But it doesn't work like that. The system just throw you into whatever lobby has been waiting the longest and you get the exact same matches no matter what killer you are playing.
I haven't played more than 1-2 matches of huntress in YEARS and I still get full P3 lobbies with survivors who have thousands of hours. Sure game, sure.