Thank you for finally acknowledging the cheater issue

Sincerely, many concerned dbd fans who've had to deal with cheaters for several months with no official word on the issue

I understand Patrick's reasoning behind not addressing the issue beforehand (Even if I don't necessarily agree with it), I'm just glad we finally got some feedback regarding this issue. There's still a lot to be done on the issue but once again, thank you

Breaking the silence is appreciated, even if it's not something the team wanted to do

Comments

  • @Brokenbones said:

    Sincerely, many concerned dbd fans who've had to deal with cheaters for several months with no official word on the issue

    I understand Patrick's reasoning behind not addressing the issue beforehand (Even if I don't necessarily agree with it), I'm just glad we finally got some feedback regarding this issue. There's still a lot to be done on the issue but once again, thank you

    Breaking the silence is appreciated, even if it's not something the team wanted to do

    From a thread earlier today - it appears that they are MAC banning people now. Which means that you'll never be able to play the game on that PC again.

    It's a great start, and I look forward to my daily dose of schadenfreude reading threads from banned hackers.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/306014/thank-you-for-finally-acknowledging-the-cheater-issue

    From a thread earlier today - it appears that they are MAC banning people now. Which means that you'll never be able to play the game on that PC again.

    It's a great start, and I look forward to my daily dose of schadenfreude reading threads from banned hackers.

    After my question was straight up ignored last Q&A, I'm glad we finally got some communication about it - I'm very happy about it!

    I know people have a lot of contentious views on this game that they voice vocally but I think this is one of those issues most people are on the same page about

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/306014/thank-you-for-finally-acknowledging-the-cheater-issue

    From a thread earlier today - it appears that they are MAC banning people now. Which means that you'll never be able to play the game on that PC again.

    It's a great start, and I look forward to my daily dose of schadenfreude reading threads from banned hackers.

    So like MAC ban after reading a report? But still no word they are going to add anti-cheat programming to the game, like for example. If your character goes up to a certain height - force disconnect and ban. Or if it detects someone stopped the end game timer. Or if it predicts the flashlight bean is larger than the largest it can be with add ons. Or if a character is moving faster than they should with perks/instances.

    Because that would be how deal with hacking, unfortunately a band aid fix isn't going to cut it when it comes to this level of cheaters.

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2761009#Comment_2761009

    So like MAC ban after reading a report? But still no word they are going to add anti-cheat programming to the game, like for example. If your character goes up to a certain height - force disconnect and ban. Or if it detects someone stopped the end game timer. Or if it predicts the flashlight bean is larger than the largest it can be with add ons. Or if a character is moving faster than they should with perks/instances.

    Because that would be how deal with hacking, unfortunately a band aid fix isn't going to cut it when it comes to this level of cheaters.

    It sounds like there is also an automated system, but naturally BHVR are loath to talk about it openly.

    There was a thread earlier today where someone got auto-banned for, apparently, hacking the legacy skins a while back. My guess is that some sort of system has been initiated, in addition to fixing vulnerabilities.

    We'll...have to see. I predict that the support forums are going to be fun for a while.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2761022#Comment_2761022

    It sounds like there is also an automated system, but naturally BHVR are loath to talk about it openly.

    There was a thread earlier today where someone got auto-banned for, apparently, hacking the legacy skins a while back. My guess is that some sort of system has been initiated, in addition to fixing vulnerabilities.

    We'll...have to see. I predict that the support forums are going to be fun for a while.

    That sounds amazing. Maybe I should of watched the QandA

  • @Kurri said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2761026#Comment_2761026

    That sounds amazing. Maybe I should of watched the QandA

    They didn't talk about it there, AFAIK. I'm just inferring from a thread I saw earlier where a hacker was complaining that he had been MAC banned for hacking skins (not something that would likely be manually reported).