New Hack? What Happened Here?

So yesterday, I queue up and get matched against a Steve. Check his Steam and hah - turns out he lives pretty close to me.

Very good player, close game but eventually I hook him twice and they start struggling. Suddenly boom, I DC. Chalk it up to my VPN pooping itself and forget about it.

Twenty minutes ago - same player. Almost exact same scenario - good start, then he gets hooked. Starts suiciding, gets rescued. Then - boom, I DC.

Nobody's latency looked fishy or anything and I use a VPN.

Bad luck, or is this some sort of new drophack in the wild?

Anyway, RIP streamers.

Comments

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Probably not new. I've had very suspicious moments where i get disconnected with "you need a internet connection to play this game" even though my internet was connected the whole time. Ever since i started playing in May.

    This is exactly what happened. Yeah, this feels like a drophack of some sort - the timing was just too sus.

  • One of the advantages of being on console is that I don't have to deal with things like this, so if you can get past the constant stuttering, lag when literally anything happens, and poor controls it's actually pretty decent.