The biggest issues with DBD

Getting straight to the point, it's not the game itself, it's the community and the players. Point blank, period.

Everyone takes everything so seriously. Maybe I've just been here too long but the smallest things that people complain about are insane.

People slugging for 4ks because they just HAVE to have their 4th kill. People going as far as to say hatch should not exist at all because they want their precious 4k so bad.

People complained about Self Care so much that they nerfed the hell out of it, then when people said "fine we won't heal, we'll just do gens", well not gen rushing is a problem and why aren't survivors doing other things. (And now everyone's mad because there's a new good healing perk in the game because idk... they just want survivors to stay injured i guess)

Then there's the millions of NOED complaints which is honestly just a perk I expect every killer to have by default until proven otherwise and is only an issue if the whole team is grouped together.

People literally complaining because they're not being taken seriously when they play the Pig and because people are booping their snoot. Really?

Like... this community takes this game way too seriously. It's meant to be fun and stress relieving. I can walk out with a 2k as killer and be happy because the chases were fun and engaging and it was a close game. My entire team can die as survivor and I can still have had fun in the match if the killer didn't just face camp people and actually engaged with everyone. This idea that "I have to get 4 kills or the game isn't fair" or "If I die, the game is unfair" is such a sweaty mindset people need to grow out of.

Comments

  • The biggest issue with this game is the lack of respect people have for each other. It's the only game I've played where people wish death/cancer/aids upon their opponents or even teammates.

    Everything you mention are non issues. Nothing wrong with taking the game seriously and playing to win, that's the main purpose for playing games.

  • @Huge_Bush said:

    The biggest issue with this game is the lack of respect people have for each other. It's the only game I've played where people wish death/cancer/aids upon their opponents or even teammates.

    Everything you mention are non issues. Nothing wrong with taking the game seriously and playing to win, that's the main purpose for playing games.

    I agree that the toxicity from players is a major issues, but everything I listed contributes to it. People are toxic because they feel like they were wronged somehow when a survivor lives and they don't get a 4k.

    People feel slighted when someone brings a perk that they deem to be OP (and right now there are NO OP perks in the game, only perks that are slightly problematic in certain situations because big yikes on the Artist + Dead Man's Switch and all those videos I've seen, But still not a single OP perk on its own)

  • And I didn't even mention the DDOS attacks, the racism, the homophobia, and so many things that many players bring to this game