Why is everyone stereotyping Leatherfaces and other people like Claudettes
Ok this is like the trend for like everything of what's going on in this type of thing. We see that stereotyping killers like Leatherface camping with a survivor and the main survivor is Claudette that he camps. You know that a stereotype means that like men think of women washing dishes and that's what the definition is. So like Steve Harrington having Prove Thyself is not a stereotype. But Nancy having Decisive Strike is a stereotype because most people have it on here in this game. I know I'm not making sense but in my killer matches I see like Nancies having DS and Steves using Prove Thyself and that's ok but let's talk about Leatherfaces. They camp Claudettes and that's definitely stereotyping Leatherfaces and Claudettes. But there is a perk called Deliverance, Borrowed Time, and DS. If Claudettes are the first one to get killed then that's a problem, and also not all Leatherfaces not camp. You just want a cone for leatherfaces chainsaws, now that's funny but it's very not actually.
Comments
Ummmm… your point ?
Ok
I like to embrace the Leatherface stereotype: Agitation, Monstrous Shrine, Insidious, BBQ. Only to then suprice the Claudette when I go after her first and have a Speed Limiter on my chainsaw for the memes.
Stereotypes are there for people to have it easier to function in this world. You need them and build them up over experience or telltales from others. The first is not a problem the other often ends up being a dumb thing because it hit so rarely.
Take Claudette / Blendette once again: The stereotype is that she is hiding in the corner selfcaring while trying to be stealthy. Now I for one can say that I saw this from Claudettes do this quit often so I make fun about this. It is a personal experience at work, maybe with a bit confirmation bias.
However the "toxic Nea with a flashlight" stereotype is something I only know from dark tales. Never met one even thou many have the (pretty cool) sprayer skin. Rarely I see a toxic Nea, most times it is an ace or a basic Feng Min.
Point is that not every stereotype is the same. Some are true even if only for your own perception (Blendette) and others are untrue most times aquired by some memes or dark tales from the internet. Going by the first stereotype is helpful as it makes decision making easier, going by the latter is mostly harmful because you rely on other peoples experience in a situation where you need your own.
Bubbas camp all survivors, doesn't matter if it's a Claudette or not. His kit is almost made to just camp, that's why you see a lot of them doing it, because it pays off.
I think the toxic nea stereotype came from one big streamer and youtuber playing Nea and having a series called "toxic nea" even though he didn't even play toxic, he just did flashlight saves and whatever else.
Claudette is very popular character and she is seen often and Leatherface is kinda common killer to go against.
A high percentage of players who play with him are camping.
They became a stigma like other characters, for example Meg, Nea, Feng.
Meg is a free character and many players start playing with her first, When everyone experiences the same thing with Megs, one can agree with the "stigma".
Nea became a “toxic” character because someone started to play that way with her and then people copied them and so on.
Feng is considered cute and girly, her character attracts all types of people so the negative things are more prominent than the positives.
Same with Leatherface, there are a lot of controversies against this character and a lot of people choose to play with him in a way that many don't like.
I'm also one of those who does not tolerate certain characters in the game because a large number of players behaved badly towards me with that specific characters.
I call this a stigma, Sometimes statements are indeed true and sometimes it is simply accepted because negativity is more popular than positivity.
Yeah, that's where it is from. To this day survivors try to flashlight blind me while injured because this very streamer showed that trick and to this day far to many survivors forgot that he used Iron Will for that stunt to work. Like trying to cook but missing an important ingredient...fun for me for sure.
Claudettes are cool, bubba smells tho