A Practice Menu
Greeting people of the fog,
For some time now, I have played dead by daylight and enjoyed every second of it, though there is one aspect of the game that I feel like is missing (other than all the bug fixes, rip). An official practice menu added to the game where you can practice any type of skill check. To further explain my idea, I believe that the game should include an option on the main menu to practice (and I know there is a tutorial, but that's not what I mean) any type of skill check, and what I mean by this is is to implement a little engine where you pick which skill check you want to practice. An example were this might prove to be helpful is when a player that is relatively new at the game might want to practice skill checks to get the hang of the skill checks itself. A player that is undergoing ranks 10-5 might want to practice hex skill checks or overcharge skill checks, and in this menu, they can pick whatever type of skill check they want to practice, and practice it. I feel like it is also a way of adding new achievements to the game as you might add: 'get 1000 Hex Skill Checks on the practice range.' Furthermore, it is a way of players getting to practice what they actually need. If I'm rank 12 and I just unlocked decisive strike, and I've never done a d strike in my life, I will probably fail the strike. Hence, why practicing it might make it so that you get better at it. Plus, skill check practice doesn't guarantee that I will do all my d strikes, or all great skill checks, it's simply there to help me get accustomed to them (for those people who might think it might make the game unbalanced, as the killers don't get this kind of practice). I also feel like it's a great way to prep up before a game, or if you haven't played in a while, to get back on track. I know that there's a plethora of different skill checks (like unnerving presence, hex, d strike, overcharge, regular, doctor, etc) and I know it might seem tricky, but if these are already implemented in the game, I feel like putting them in one place so that we can practice is not that difficult (but I wouldn't know for sure). I feel like it'll help all types of players and prove to be useful.
I also know there's a tool online that has this practice, but it only focuses on regular skill checks. Plus not having to get out of my game to practice the skill checks sounds great.
I leave the link of the practice already in place, so that you may visualize what I mean. Thanks for everything and I really hope you take this into consideration
Comments