The new changes...
Okay after looking deeply into the second half of the patch notes, I think it's safe to say, my opinion hasn't changed. It's all focusing all the wrong stuff. They're not bad changes, but they're not really that important either.
Just talking about the 2nd half of the updates as there's already a post for the first half.
1. Mask removal- Meh. I'm happy they're trying to address that type of negative behavior in their game. Sucks one of the few cosmetics for bubba are being removed, but it's not game breaking. At the same time though, I feel it does very little. It seems more of a, do this to shut them up type thing. Because racist a holes are always going to find ways to be racist a holes, regardless of what you do. If they're tunneling because of a characters skin color in a video game, they're going to continue to do that. But instead of fixing the tunneling mechanic that is readily available to them, you remove blackface.
I'm cool with the removals, they're just masks, but again, I feel like focus is in the wrong area.
2. Grade rewards, thank you? It's a good change. But once again, it feels like focusing on reducing the grind of BP as a whole is a lot more important than a few extra bloodpoints at the end of the month. Or even removing the pip system from the game? A system that's supposed to be based on time played, is actually based on a system that revolves around skill. Makes no sense.
3. Add ONS:
Oh geez where do I begin. Add-ons for most killers, especially the newer ones, have become so redundant. They make such miniscule changes that have very little if any real affect on a match. Certain killer's have a few strong add-ons, and then a few interesting ones that change their playstyle completely, like the body block hag traps. And the ones that are strong aren't strong in the sense that they're super op(usually), but just that they're the best ones to run on them. Here lately, it's most killers have about 2 add-ons that are decent, and the rest are almost completely useless.
Behavior sees these addons that are being played, nerfs them usually by quite a bit to the point where there's almost no reason to run them, and then gives miniscule buffs to the useless ones. So that way, there's a bunch of useless ones.
And then there's a killers, quite a few new ones, that have nothing but pointless add-ons, none of which are worth running, and they never get touched... Ever.
Like why do we keep adding Hemorrhage add-ons to new killers? It's such a useless debuff. Or add-ons that change the timing of some by .02 seconds. Like really? That's gonna be a difference maker? That .02 seconds? And you're still making these addons for killers! And then you wonder why you have a bunch of useless addon's that never get used. It's because you don't learn! You're like the one salesman who's still trying to get everyone hyped about 8-track tapes.
4. Perks:
Some of these changes aren't bad, and I'll probably at least try these out in some fun builds. Dead man's and boil over I could see being the most useful now.
The rest still kinda miss the mark outside of meme builds. There's just other perks that do what they do better, so I don't really see these changes really doing anything.
Overall a decent patch, but I still think their focus as a whole is just in the wrong direction.
Comments