Fun and Unique Builds

I've noticed a lot of people are tired of the gen-stall meta from the killer side. I think we can all agree that if more unique and fun builds could become more viable, there would be less people running the same old stuff. With that in mind, I explored a lot of alternative builds to try and find something that would really be cool and new, especially things that could be amazing with just a few small buffs without becoming overpowered.

I'm happy to say that I found a lot of such possible new builds, but there is actually a way of playing I found that I think the community will love because it's fun, unique, a cool challenge for both the killer and survivors, and best of all, it's already pretty effective in the game as it is now.

Here's what you do. Run the following perks:

-Iron Grasp

-Agitation

-Insidious

-Monstrous Shrine

With The Cannibal. Then what you do is down a survivor as quickly as you can and get them to the basement with Iron Grasp and Agitation. You put them on the hook furthest away from the stairs, and use Insidious to hide inside the basement, waiting for survivors to come and try to rescue them. Eventually someone will do so and you can get a second hook in basement. At this point the match becomes a tense showdown: can the remaining survivors find a way to escape from the Cannibal, or do they give up on their companions? Not knowing and having to wait and hope provides the people on hook with a suspenseful time there. The other survivors have the fun of trying to improvise a strategy against the Cannibal's one hit down capacity. And the Killer gets to wait in anticipation of the rescue attempt, which is far more relaxing than usual chase.

I've asked everyone who I've played against with this what they thought, and everyone gave the strategy rave reviews; they'd never seen it before and considered it a unique spin on the Cannibal, and lore accurate as well. Give it a try! I will come back with some of the other strategies I think could work with small buffs later.

Comments

  • I know this is a bait thread complaining about Bubba, but I’ll hijack with an actual fun build or two I was thinking about recently

    —

    Carry On My Wayward Son
    • Scourge Hook Pain Resonance
    • Agitation
    • Mad Grit
    • Thrilling Tremors

    Basically every time you down a survivor the Agitation pretty much ensures you have time to reach a Scourge Hook to trigger Pain Resonance. And if someone tries to block you or go for a sabotage, Agitation allows you to outrun them and Mad Grit lets you get a free hit that resets the wiggle timer. Meanwhile Thrilling Tremors blocks all the other gens survivors aren’t on giving you tracking info and some additional slow down where survivors wanted to work on the blocked gens.

    An alternative is swap Thrilling for Starstruck to try for Exposed Hits on Mad Grit attacks. Or take out Mad Grit for Starstruck to keep the tracking but take a bit of risk on the timer.

    —

    Michis’s Deadman Switch Resonance

    • Scourge Hook Pain Resonance
    • Dead Man’s Switch
    • Furtive Chase
    • Make Your Choice

    Credit to Michi for this one on Hag. Once you hook the Obsession, Pain Resonance not only does its usual regression but also forces the survivors off the generator which triggers the just activated Dead Man’s Switch to block the gen for an additional 45 seconds. Basically that gen is out a total of 60 seconds for one hook. Furtive Chase swaps the Obsession on a rescue, and Make Your Choice makes that new Obsession Exposed, so once you’ve hooked the first obsession it can start to snowball over and over, assuming you can nab that new Obsession for the trade. (Michi is a Hag main and Hag is particularly good at this.)

  • This sounds so fun and exciting.......I have never heard of this build before and most definitely not with bubba.

    😒