How do you learn Nurse when you're only going against survivors with 2000+ hours?
I'm only going against survivors who have more hours than I do and I'm a brand new Nurse. Is it even possible or am I going to have to keep letting 4 survivors escape until my MMR drops to brand new players?
Comments
Hello, I have been there.
Try to take one step at a time. First of all, try the plaid addon if it helps you understanding nurse power (but you will have to play without it later anyway).
Also watching good nurses play can help a LOT understanding your own mistakes.
It’s pretty much a trial by fire. You’ll have to accept the fact that you will not perform well and have to invest several hours into playing Nurse to get a feel about blink distances, etc.
Focus on the journey, not the destination.
Commit her blink range to muscle memory, while noting survivor decision making.
Once you feel comfortable with her power, try using it to anticipate survivor movement, and expect that you're going to get it wrong.
The biggest challenge with Nurse is staying on the metaphorical horse and being persistent about improvement.
She is not as hard to learn as this community tends to claim. She just plays a completely different game than everyone else, so in some ways learning Nurse is like playing DBD for the first time.
For Nurse, it's not gonna make a ton of difference. The learning curve to Nurse is intrinsic to the character itself. You might be able to kill very basic survivors who run in a straight line in the open when you're a beginner Nurse yourself, but that's not gonna do you much good at all.
Better to just be thrown into more realistic trials from the get-go. Focus on learning, don't get stressed out about winning. Learning Nurse is a marathon, not a sprint.