The meta is a problem

This has probably been said before, but I feel like the only way to have fun in this game is to equip the meta perks. If you equip anything else, it's bound to be a miserable game.

Aside from this, the meta has become really stale for both sides. Nothing new to change it (unless you count Boons for survivors). And the current state of the game kind of forces players to run these perks as well.

This is why all perks should be balanced around the same level so all perks are the same level of strength. That way some perks won't get picked over the others and there won't be any lesser perks to be forgotten.

Comments

  • Easy in theory, difficult in practice.

    The most likely result of this is people finding the next group of perks deemed most effective, and then that's the new meta.

  • I don't know if it's possible to balance every perk to be the exact same level. I think I've never seen any game where all perks/abilities/powers were equally balanced.

    I think the best we can hope for is buff for the worst perk.

    The latest exhaustion, Overcome, for instance, is quite nice to me. It's not bad, it's not OP. We need more perks like this one, a kind of alternative to the meta but without having real issues running it.

    I'd like too seeing more variety, using more variety because if you run a meme build, it's almost guaranteed you are throwing the game...