Weirdest Game In Ages - What Happened Here?
Wondering if anyone can puzzle this one out.
So, queue up on Cenobite (yes, I was in a vaguely masochistic mood) and got sent to Eyrie versus a 3man SWF. Ugh, fine.
Do well right off the bat, actually end up wanting to give at least 2 of them the gate as someone brought streamers.
However...
- At multiple points through the game, someone would pick up the box and solve it quite rapidly, but in stages. I never got the killer instinct or teleport prompt when they did this. How is this possible?
- The Ash (I swear, it's always an Ash) decided to sulk and hide after I got 3 downs quite fast at the start of the game, seemingly mostly on the top areas of the main structure. He never did gens or anything. However, while he got AFK crows, these never caused loud noise notifications and it was a hell of a thing to find him.
So...what exactly happened here?
How were they able to do the box without me being able to teleport to them?
Why was the Ash able to play hide and seek without the AFK crows giving me a notification?
Comments
The afk crows only start emitting Loud Noise Notifications once there are atleast 2 birds I believe. The rest however might be either bugs or hacks
Ah. He had one crow.
How was he avoiding these? He was basically doing nothing but hiding on the upper floor of the main structure, going in and out of lockers and maybe occasionally vaulting to avoid me when I was looking for him.
I've seen the thing with the box before.
Don't ask me, I never get crows
Ah, I think I've figured this out.
If you change your 'height', it counts as 'leaving the area', so you don't get crows. This feels like an oversight because if I hadn't been playing Pinhead and caught him between leaving his locker and vaulting down, the game could have continued indefinitely.