Hit Validation movement speed and stun time question
Someone brought up an interesting point on hit validation that brought to mind an interesting question. So when the killer swings, sees a hit, and the survivor screams but the hit is revoked by hit validation, what exactly happens regarding the killer’s movement speed and attack recovery? Note that a missed attack has a different recovery speed from a hit attack, and also perks Relentless and Save the Best for Last affect missed and hit attacks differently. (I think your movement speed decrease is the same for both a hit and a miss, but I’m not sure if the duration of the movement speed decrease is the same.)
So my question that I don’t know the answer to is, if a basic attack hit is revoked by validation, how long is the slowdown and recovery and movement speed compared to a basic attack that simply misses without validation changing the visual result? Does the survivor gain the same amount of distance from the killer in the chase on a missed attack as they do on an attack that appears to be a hit but which is invalidated by the server?
Note that it is known that hit validation affects special ability attacks differently than simple misses. For instance if Nemesis uses their whip at level 2 or 3 against someone across a pallet, if the whip misses the survivor it destroys the pallet, but if hit validation revokes a hit on the survivor then the pallet isn’t destroyed. So there are differences at least when it comes to special attacks between a simple miss and an invalidated hit. I’m wondering if there’s a similar sort of difference when it comes to basic attacks.
Comments
You should check the Wiki for a general idea but do not trust the numbers completely. I am not sure if that page was updated after the changes.
I did check the wiki and couldn’t find an answer
Then you should probably test yourself and post the results here and notify the Wiki curators. I tested the Haunted Grounds vs Undying iteration here and posted here a while ago and someone in the forums notified them to update the corresponding page.
I’m not in a position to test it myself. And this seems like something someone else might already have tested or have the answer to, hence why I asked the question here.
No worries :) It is a genuinely interesting question and if I have the time I'll test it later and notify you of the results.
That’d be great, I’ll be curious to hear the results, thanks!