A bug or a cheat?

I'm asking this because I've never seen it before.


I was playing a round and a killer was coming at me, just as I dropped a flash bang my movement controls froze. I could only use my camera. I couldn't wiggle or do anything. I was pulled off the hook twice unable to move and was a sitting duck for an easy kill. as soon as the match was over everything worked fine again.


It feels like someone cheated to get a kill. Before I upload a video and go through the proper reporting channels I wanted to be sure.


This is BS if it is a cheat.

Comments

  • @Ryan489x said:

    I'm asking this because I've never seen it before.

    I was playing a round and a killer was coming at me, just as I dropped a flash bang my movement controls froze. I could only use my camera. I couldn't wiggle or do anything. I was pulled off the hook twice unable to move and was a sitting duck for an easy kill. as soon as the match was over everything worked fine again.

    It feels like someone cheated to get a kill. Before I upload a video and go through the proper reporting channels I wanted to be sure.

    This is BS if it is a cheat.

    This sounds more like a bug than anything else, as it corresponded with your action (dropping a flashbang). Lag spikes can cause very odd things to happen.

  • okay I just wanted to check before I put all the work in to report.

  • Not being able to move for the entire match after one Flashbang seems more like a cheat than a bug. Getting a freeze for several seconds would be a bug, remainder of match sounds closer to the cheats like when survivors extend blinds on a killer.

  • Did the game freeze after you used flashbang?

    Or it just was like you pressed a button and immediately lose the control of the character?

  • @Woodywool said:

    Did the game freeze after you used flashbang?

    Or it just was like you pressed a button and immediately lose the control of the character?

    it was as I pressed the button and tried to run away I realized that I couldn't move at all and couldn't for the rest of the match. I could turn the camera though. I'm honestly leaning toward a cheat but I'm not sure what's up. Can cheats be used on consoles? the killer I was against was on playstation. everyone was except for 1 survivor who had the crossplay icon.

  • I don't think that the cheat that prevents survivor to move exist in DbD.

    Besides, we had similar bug when Resident evil chapter was released or in 5.1 mid-chapter.

    I remember when I had the same issue on RPD like my teammates but killer hadn't.

    But in my case my screen was frozen for a second (it was noticeable).

    Maybe later, I'll find a thread about it and public the link here.

  • @Woodywool said:

    I played on this map recently and it was horrible experience.

    I started and noticed that this map is so dark. I really was confused when the match started and I can see a black screen for seconds lol (I'm playing on Medium settings)

    Then, I went to find a gen. I spawned to it nearby so, it was very lucky. The thing is that I saw my teammate that didn't move at all for some seconds. I thought that he was afk or being confused like me at the start. We're repairing the generator and a second ago I was grabbed by Ghostie. It's the best map for him for sure. Even with that, I'm ok.

    The thing is that my teammate was frozen at the place for some seconds again. I noticed it and just remember why this map was disabled. Bill saved me and started to heal me and I got frozen. Me and Bill were stuck in healing animations even when I was healed by him. The killer found us and made a hit to me. And after a second I was unbugged. Sadly, my old teammate was still frozen in place and got downed cause of this sh*t. Also, another my teammate had the same problem and was complaining in post game chat about the hatch that was spawned at stairs and it makes no sense for being here.

    This map looks awesome. And that's only one good thing in this map. The map has a lot of technical issues and bugs. In some places, is way too dark. Even new Azarov isn't dark like RPD.

    I personally don't mind to have a map like a maze but ngl it's really hard to play on this map if you not played RE 2 remake before :(

    Here

  • By the way, a question:

    It was on RPD? @Ryan489x

  • @Woodywool said:

    I don't think that the cheat that prevents survivor to move exist in DbD.

    Besides, we had similar bug when Resident evil chapter was released or in 5.1 mid-chapter.

    I remember when I had the same issue on RPD like my teammates but killer hadn't.

    But in my case my screen was frozen for a second (it was noticeable).

    Maybe later, I'll find a thread about it and public the link here.

    Ok, nevermind.

    Seems like that hackers created something new while I wasn't playing DbD.

    Damn, now I have less interest to play it :(

  • @Woodywool said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2710485#Comment_2710485

    Ok, nevermind.

    Seems like that hackers created something new while I wasn't playing DbD.

    Damn, now I have less interest to play it :(

    it was on mothers dwelling actually