Is this supposed to be a casual game or a lifestyle choice?
Or: another complaint about the grind, from the perspective of someone who's played enough to get used to having pretty good perks and being able to do some build choices, but not anywhere near most of them.
So, I started at Halloween, with the benefit of having a ton of free BP from that and the free Halloween weekend last year. I've unlocked all the perks off Trapper, Hillbilly, Plague, Bubba, Pyramid Head, and Pinhead; got the first two off the Artist, and grabbed Lethal Pursuer/STBFL off Nemesis and Myers, and gotten almost every single perk thus unlocked on Pinhead (there's a few Trapper perks I think still need levels; I was after Agitation). That's not bad, right? 77 hours of playtime, and all 15 generic perks† and 22 non-generic perks all unlocked on one killer. That's about... oh, one perk per two hours? The free BP was sure handy.
But, sometimes I try playing someone else (adding Spirit to the above list of unlocked Killers, most recently). And their power might be fun, something I want to play more. But dear god not having anything unlocked to work with is miserable. It's not like matchmaking super cares, I still end up with more or less the same sort of teams I'd get otherwise, and here I am with no real choice in my build or addons to play with.
FFS, maybe, when approaching a hundred hours of gametime, it'd be nice to be able to maybe try another character without feeling like I've tied my hands behind my back from the start? It'd be a whole nice thing.
† I did make sure to grab Demo before he left, but that's still no unlock needed.
Comments