Hooks
Has there been a change to hook spread or layout recently? I've had two matches where I had huge dead zones with no hooks anywhere close. I hadn't even hooked anyone at this point either.
Has there been a change to hook spread or layout recently? I've had two matches where I had huge dead zones with no hooks anywhere close. I hadn't even hooked anyone at this point either.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
for some reason it looks like the basement holds more weight in terms of hook spawns, so on some maps anything some what near the basement wont have a hook
Had this problem in one of the swamps, Midwich school and TBD Eyrie. Big empty zones were I just couldn't hook anyone and had to either drop the surv, or 100% lose them due to wriggling out.
On the Eyrie I feel it got much better, but especially Midwich can be a barren wasteland sometimes.
For me it was a badham map and one of those awful swamp maps
Hooks are everywhere, wiggling is the most useless mechanic in the game.
No, according to these forums, you're just bad at managing your hooks. It's the killer's fault, as always.
I've played multiple matches on Midwich now and had a definite issue reaching a hook, even when no one brought a hook offering. One sacrifice of a survivor in one game left me unable to get someone to a hook when I downed them in the courtyard -- there were no hooks in the hallways by either exit, and everything else was unreachable unless I'd been running Agitation or Iron Grasp (and even then, I'm not sure if I could have made it). After survivors (who weren't running any wiggle perks) got away twice from courtyard downs, I ended up letting the two remaining players farm -- I literally had no choice other than letting them bleed out.
Something changed with Midwich, I'm convinced. Whether it was intentional or a bug, who knows?