RINGU - MARCH 2022

https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1470906524277084163?t=PcNC44MZgvS-TMf3MRmWEQ&s=19


This literally might be my favorite chapter yet!! I have been wanting the ring in the game for a long time! I cannot wait to see the finished outcome of this -- suprised they even announced it so early. I feel like this could be really creative and fun! A map with the ring would be insane! --wondering what her perks could be, powers, survivors ect. Let me know is anyone else excited for RingU??

Comments

  • I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also not sure which of the powers they would utilise: You have the well, which is advertised in the trailer; the video tape curse; the "7 days" phonecall and TVs, so I'm wondering whether she would have multiple powers at her disposal.

    Very odd they announced this chapter so far in advance though. I'm not going to go into the whole silly "DBD are scared of *insert game here*" thing, but it is still an unusual move whereby I read a post on another discussion by a mod saying they "couldn't comment on it", which makes it even more strange ironically, when they could have just said: "It's a popular title we want people to get hyped for". We'll find out in future at some point, but for now I'm fully excited for this.

  • @Marc_go_solo said:

    I'm looking forward to it, but I'm also not sure which of the powers they would utilise: You have the well, which is advertised in the trailer; the video tape curse; the "7 days" phonecall and TVs, so I'm wondering whether she would have multiple powers at her disposal.

    Very odd they announced this chapter so far in advance though. I'm not going to go into the whole silly "DBD are scared of *insert game here*" thing, but it is still an unusual move whereby I read a post on another discussion by a mod saying they "couldn't comment on it", which makes it even more strange ironically, when they could have just said: "It's a popular title we want people to get hyped for". We'll find out in future at some point, but for now I'm fully excited for this.

    If mods/devs say they can’t say more on it and it is directly concerning licensed content I will just assume it’s (mostly) because of the license holder.

  • I was waiting for her just like you! It is a dream come true, she is one of my favorite characters from horror movies.

    My expectation is greater than ever considering the fact that it was released a few months before the teasers.

    According to the article on Ringu, it may change the game experience and I hope for the better.

    If she is going to be fun with the survivors in it, I'll buy this chapter with my eyes closed. New main incoming? high chance indeed.

  • I'm not really interested in her because really her power if you get right down to it is just teleportation through well/tv.....and do we need another Freddy or Demo. Freddy got gutted and never was fixed and Demo is gone now for any new players. The Grudge siblings would of been a better choice.

    How she plays I have no idea.....and she uses no weapons so she will attack like Grandma or Demo.....

  • The two things I can think of mechanically are cursing survivors so something bad happens and teleporting through televisions

    • I could see the Entity putting televisions around the map similar to how Pig gets Jigsaw boxes around the map. Then Sadaka could teleport through them kind of like Freddy’s ability.
    • A curse could either be an active ability where she marks someone (sort of like Ghostface’s stalk) or it could be passive. Personally I’d love to see a passive thing where survivors who look at her too long become Hindered and/or Exposed. It would make it so you would have to actively try not to see her while you run or do gens, which could be kind of tense!