I don't care all that much. It's a new mechanic that favors survivors. What a tremendous shock.
The thing that annoys me is that the promotional materials for the event specifically say "Of course, should a Killer happen to destroy a Snowman while a Survivor is inside...well, there’s only so much protection snow can offer."
Like, am I crazy or does that REALLY sound like snowmen weren't supposed to actually protect survivors from getting hit? Sure sounds that way to me.
I love them and play both killer and survivor equally. As a survivor, it's a good hiding spot plus an extra hit can be taken. As killer, it gives extra perk tokens (any perks relying on basic attack tokens) and it has a slow and obvious animation which honestly gives survivors away more than it hides them in my case.
I don't care all that much. It's a new mechanic that favors survivors. What a tremendous shock.
The thing that annoys me is that the promotional materials for the event specifically say "Of course, should a Killer happen to destroy a Snowman while a Survivor is inside...well, there’s only so much protection snow can offer."
Like, am I crazy or does that REALLY sound like snowmen weren't supposed to actually protect survivors from getting hit? Sure sounds that way to me.
Just go LF lol, watching their confidence completely crumble as they give you a free down is great
I do wish killer power interactions were a little more standardised, so Doctor's shock doesn't destroy a snowman without giving the rewards for instance, and something to stop Victor and Ghosty from being hard countered, but other than that they're great and I'm thoroughly enjoying them.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
The only issue I have with the snowmen is that some players use them to tank hits. But other than that, I really love the snowmen.
I don't like that the snowman let's survivor eat a free hit
I don't care all that much. It's a new mechanic that favors survivors. What a tremendous shock.
The thing that annoys me is that the promotional materials for the event specifically say "Of course, should a Killer happen to destroy a Snowman while a Survivor is inside...well, there’s only so much protection snow can offer."
Like, am I crazy or does that REALLY sound like snowmen weren't supposed to actually protect survivors from getting hit? Sure sounds that way to me.
I love them and play both killer and survivor equally. As a survivor, it's a good hiding spot plus an extra hit can be taken. As killer, it gives extra perk tokens (any perks relying on basic attack tokens) and it has a slow and obvious animation which honestly gives survivors away more than it hides them in my case.
Just go LF lol, watching their confidence completely crumble as they give you a free down is great
I do wish killer power interactions were a little more standardised, so Doctor's shock doesn't destroy a snowman without giving the rewards for instance, and something to stop Victor and Ghosty from being hard countered, but other than that they're great and I'm thoroughly enjoying them.
They were badly implemented, untested with killer powers, and are only fun for one side.
Even when they aren't being abused for extra hits in a chase, they just aren't interesting at all.
One of these days we'll get a good event.