Is there a reason to use Alert over Any Means Necessary?

I feel like in regards to map information Any Means Necessary somewhat overshadows Alert. With Alert you can see the killer aura when they perform the break action on a Generator, Pallet or a Breakable Wall. With Any Means Necessary while you won't see the killers aura you'll instead globally see pallets dropped and if that pallet aura disappears it's a good indication that the killer broke the pallet.

In regards to Generators and Breakable Walls Alert is clearly better however in regards to knowing if a survivor is likely being pursued I feel Any Means Necessary overshadows Alert. The big one for me is if the killer is undetectable you don't need to worry about their aura being hidden because you see the pallet aura instead. It doesn't rely on the killer being detectable or not.

I suppose in a way the question answers itself on whether you want to know if the killer damaged a Generator or destroyed a Breakable Wall. However I've found Any Means Necessary very valuable for knowing when a killer is in a chase - Especially with perks like Tinkerer being in the meta I don't have to worry about Undetectable status.

You can argue that both are very niche perks which it is true - However in regards to map information especially as a solo survivor I've found the perk to be quite useful in this situation.

Comments

  • @Dustin said:

    I feel like in regards to map information Any Means Necessary somewhat overshadows Alert. With Alert you can see the killer aura when they perform the break action on a Generator, Pallet or a Breakable Wall. With Any Means Necessary while you won't see the killers aura you'll instead globally see pallets dropped and if that pallet aura disappears it's a good indication that the killer broke the pallet.

    In regards to Generators and Breakable Walls Alert is clearly better however in regards to knowing if a survivor is likely being pursued I feel Any Means Necessary overshadows Alert. The big one for me is if the killer is undetectable you don't need to worry about their aura being hidden because you see the pallet aura instead. It doesn't rely on the killer being detectable or not.

    I suppose in a way the question answers itself on whether you want to know if the killer damaged a Generator or destroyed a Breakable Wall. However I've found Any Means Necessary very valuable for knowing when a killer is in a chase - Especially with perks like Tinkerer being in the meta I don't have to worry about Undetectable status.

    You can argue that both are very niche perks which it is true - However in regards to map information especially as a solo survivor I've found the perk to be quite useful in this situation.

    One is more accurate to the killer's exact position and the other is more to let you know in general that a killer has removed a resource.

    Neither is better than the other they just serve different goals with similar information.

  • @ReikoMori said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/299240/is-there-a-reason-to-use-alert-over-any-means-necessary

    One is more accurate to the killer's exact position and the other is more to let you know in general that a killer has removed a resource.

    Neither is better than the other they just serve different goals with similar information.

    To be honest I had no idea where to post this so I just dropped it here. As for a question it's more so wanting to talk perks.

    Edit - Oh - That last bit is just added on automatically

  • Well, alert can give you more info over the killers location, but Any means Necessary is better in almost every way.

    I would use Any Means Necessary over Alert.