why does bhvr bury their mistakes with more mistakes?

maps are unbalanced -> major reworks that made the maps arguably worse

hex perks -> boon perks that have the same issues as hexes but are even worse since they cater to survivors

holding w meta -> more abilities and characters that incentivise holding w

breakable walls -> MORE BREAKABLE WALLS

never ending grind -> more perks to grind for

Maps being too big -> RPD


I know that some of the things are not directly correlated, but isn't it weird??

Please tell me I'm crazy, the boon perks are a great example, they made balancing even harder than it already was; they are hexes part two! I just don't understand, instead of fixing existing issues or improving on older mechanics, they just keep on adding new things that break the game more and more.

Why are they burying their mistakes under even more issues?? It's like you have a scratch on your car, so you scratch the entire car to make it look even again.

Comments

  • They don't like praise that's all. I was actually giving them props for balancing things out step by step but the addition of boons was a major step back. Game was in a better place without it.

  • @Myla said:

    They don't like praise that's all. I was actually giving them props for balancing things out step by step but the addition of boons was a major step back. Game was in a better place without it.

    That's crazy, it's like they want to have issues in the game that they can attempt to fix.

  • They just don’t want to fix the core issues with the game and would rather add more band aids to the corpse