Sudden increase of new players due to event or bot?
Details related to the issue: [02 Dec - 05 Dec], [SEA server]
Summary:
Recent;y, I constantly pair with very very new players who most of them have a console icon. Is there a free weekend event or something similar that encourage a lot of new players to try the game? By "new", I meant the new player who cannot hit skill check properly.
Details:
I have been giving mercy to players who are underperforming like I have 8 hooks on 3/4 gens. So it will lower my MMR, hence more underperforming survivors, and then more mercy, lower MMR....you get the idea.
Most of my games are filled with low MMR players and smurfs/de-ranked players, so I know how my opponents are performing. Recently, I constantly pair with players that have console icon, usually has 3 Tier-2 perks, and behave as if they join the game right after finishing the tutorial. The players I mentioned is new to a point that I suspect they are bots.
If there are bots for "new players" like me, then I will raise my MMR. If not, I will just play normally. I had PTSD when I am very new, so I would like to be as nice as I can against new player. But if they are bots, well, there's no point in doing so.
Comments
The game just released on the Epics Game Store and is free to get there currently.
Thanks for the quick answer! <3