Monstrous Shrine Buff
We all know that Monstrous Shrine is a pretty weak perk. It's also very situational. It only applies to survivors who are hooked in the basement. I feel like when you hear the name of this perk, it shouldn't just apply to basement hooks. It should apply to the whole basement. That's why I present this buff:
Original: Your fervent care of the hooks found in the Basement has aroused the Entity's interest. The Basement Hooks are granted the following bonuses:
• 3/6/9 % faster Entity progression.
• 5/10/15 % increased difficulty on escape attempts.
• 3/6/9 % increased penalty to escape fails.
Rework: Survivors receive blindness and exhaustion while in the basement. Survivors also receive a slight/moderate/considerate luck penalty while in the basement. The Basement Hooks are granted the following bonuses while you are 32 meters away from the basement's entrance:
• 6/8/10 % faster Entity progression.
• No opinion to unhook themselves.
• Hooked survivors automatically receive hemorrhaging until healed.
This buff would make the basement more beneficial for the killer. If the killer hooks you in the basement you can't see your allies and if they're coming to rescue you or not. It also promotes anti-basement camping because in order for the hook part of the perk to kick in they have to be a certain distance away. And a Luck penalty to punish basement raiders.
Comments
apologies if I misread, but otherwise it seems fine, despite the fact that I would leave the luck alone and still give them the option to "attempt" to unhook themselves.
I like the added status affects though.... those make perfect sense to me.