SBMM

Is SBMM ever going to get fixed/balanced or even removed? Cause ever since it was turned on, I've been put up against people no where near my skill level. Before it was on, I would have games where I do well or even good at but now, rarely get a game with people I can play against or with ( Mainly as Killer but same goes with survivor) So many toxic survivors etc.. and obviously way better than I am.

Honestly getting harder and harder to find a reason to keep playing, especially as a killer. Fortunately, I have friends that play that will keep me playing as survivor but I'll most likely will quit playing as a Killer. At least till SBMM is removed or gets fixed. I don't see how being Ash level ( I can't get passed copper if I'm lucky cause of this) and constantly being put up against people that are iridescent level is balanced to you. And yes I know there's a secret number that you use to match people, which is totally broken. All I can say, this game used to be better till you added SBMM. =\

Comments

  • It’s not getting deactivated. No matchmaking at all won’t make the overall feeling of the games better except for high skill people getting more often matched against opponents that don’t stand a chance.

    though it’s been confirmed the SBMM is not finalized (as pretty much everything in this game) and will see adjustments.

    read a dev post regarding SBMM:

    @DesignDad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2669840#Comment_2669840

    As a general rule, the matchmaking system is doing the best it can with what it has to work with. By that, I mean that the limiting factor in off-peak hours is typically the players in the queue. The system is trying to match you with somebody within a pretty tight range of skill at first, but there are times where there simply aren't any other players in the queue within that range for you to match with at the moment. When this happens, the system starts expanding the acceptable ranges over time.

    The basic trade off is "I can find you a match more quickly, but it might not be as balanced". We can keep the range super tight to try to enforce extremely balanced matches, but those result in pretty crazy wait times. We could also start with the range extremely open to shorten the wait times, but now the matches are all extremely unbalanced. That said, we adjust this system on the fly from time to time and take a look at how it impacts both wait times and match outcomes overall.

    So most cases of "It's not updating!" or "It seems to stop working at certain times of day" are actually cases of "There just weren't any good matches in the queue for you right now". The system has no downtime, and we have yet to see any cases of improper updates (and we do check!).

    With all this in mind, we are far from calling the matchmaking system perfect or done. We're still monitoring it for bugs, exploits, hiccups, and also planning general improvements. The community is a dynamic group, the game is constantly being updated, and our matchmaking is no different! One of your suspicions above is absolutely spot on, and is something we are actively looking to address. I'm reviewing a design proposal for it later today!

    Love y'all talking about matchmaking so much. <3


  • k well I guess I just suck at the game as killer now according to SBMM as there's no one around my skill level.. as it seems every game I play since it started, has been hard and put against better players. I've maybe had literally 2-4 games since it was on where I didn't do too bad but other than that, bad. At least it's still getting worked on but I still don't think I'll be playing much of killer anymore. It's honestly more frustrating and disappointing.. If I didn't have to deal with toxic players ( body blocking me, constantly blinding me and the numerous tea bagging), it wouldn't be as bad. Anyways thanks for the help/info.

  • @Aedicus said:

    k well I guess I just suck at the game as killer now according to SBMM as there's no one around my skill level.. as it seems every game I play since it started, has been hard and put against better players. I've maybe had literally 2-4 games since it was on where I didn't do too bad but other than that, bad. At least it's still getting worked on but I still don't think I'll be playing much of killer anymore. It's honestly more frustrating and disappointing.. If I didn't have to deal with toxic players ( body blocking me, constantly blinding me and the numerous tea bagging), it wouldn't be as bad. Anyways thanks for the help/info.

    thats pretty much common feedback from killer players nowadays.

    I hope that MMR will show BHVR/the devs in their statistics and analyses that it’s something where game balance needs massive improvement (as well as for SoloQ survivors btw).

  • There are various reasons you can face survivors that seem to be better at looping than you.

    • If a high rated survivor is in a swf with lower rated friends then they’re a package deal and you’ll probably get a killer that’s in the middle of their ratings
    • High rated solo survivors who have been in queue a while eventually have to be put into the next available match to avoid the delay becoming unacceptable. And since there are four survivors per match to every single killer, even if the number of killers and survivors is equal you’d end up with survivors having a longer queue time than killers simply because of that four to one ratio. So hitting that time delay where the system has to give up waiting for a balanced opponent and go to first available is going to be more common for high rated survivors.

    Neither of the above means the MMR isn’t working properly, they still happen even with a system that is totally accurate in its ratings and which have a reasonable time frame of putting people in matches.