It took 5 years to make DS balanced. How much time will it take to make boons balanced?

Comments

  • I'll be surprised if they make it balanced faster. I expect first balance attempt on next mid patch, but it will be some minor nerf like 75% instead of 100% bonus healing, so boons will be op still. 1 year is a minimum

  • The thing about the boons... they are simply too fun and use and survivor mains will protest.

    I don't expect anything to happen to boon perks, knowing bhvr.


    I do think that boon perks themselves are issue (for example I don't think CoH is op), the very boon mechanics are the problem.

    Killer have 4 perks, survivors have 16. Killer's hexes are one time use, survivor boons have unlimited uses and provide bonus to entire team... It's just too strong for a single perk slot, math doesn't check in the already survivor sided game.

    My solution: Every survivor can bless a totem a finite amount of times: 2+x where x is amount of boon perks in your loudlout. So Having just one boon in loudout gives you 3 times, having all 3 gives you 5 times. Then you simply cannot do it again. Alternatively totem can simply break after being snuffed out for the third time - which would be interesting mechanic now that we have Hex:Pentimento

  • @Ssajbambusa said:

    The thing about the boons... they are simply too fun and use and survivor mains will protest.

    I don't expect anything to happen to boon perks, knowing bhvr.

    I do think that boon perks themselves are issue (for example I don't think CoH is op), the very boon mechanics are the problem.

    Killer have 4 perks, survivors have 16. Killer's hexes are one time use, survivor boons have unlimited uses and provide bonus to entire team... It's just too strong for a single perk slot, math doesn't check in the already survivor sided game.

    My solution: Every survivor can bless a totem a finite amount of times: 2+x where x is amount of boon perks in your loudlout. So Having just one boon in loudout gives you 3 times, having all 3 gives you 5 times. Then you simply cannot do it again. Alternatively totem can simply break after being snuffed out for the third time - which would be interesting mechanic now that we have Hex:Pentimento

    "Alternatively totem can simply break after being snuffed out for the third time - which would be interesting mechanic now that we have Hex:Pentimento"

    Honestly, that's probably the best option.

  • I think they work much faster to nerf new stuff. So only 2-3 years for a fix.

    bazinga