Is It Just Me Or Is The Artist...Kinda...
Weak?
I mean, she's not raw-terrible like a few other killers, but the loss of her 'bird mines' hurt her more than I thought it would.
It's entirely possible that I just need to l2p, but a few observations:
- Her addons seem rather mediocre. Especially the purples and iris - the drawbacks are insane when compared to their benefits. Her yellows, greens and browns are functional, but boring.
- If I attempt to counter a loop, the second I start placing birds the survivor just holds W and they are gone.
- 'Swarms' don't seem to last long enough for me to follow it up with another birb strike even if I only use 1 birb - and it's absurdly easy to juke. It looks nice, but doesn't really do much (the aura reading doesn't last very long if they just start repelling immediately).
- Any map with varying elevation is a nightmare - Swamp is especially bad. Crows just sail over and under people even if I line up the shot wonderfully.
- Penti essentially requires Plaything to work properly (her adept...man).
- Scourge hooks remain insanely map dependent and almost necessitate Agitation to be consistently useful.
- Her BP gains are pretty weak overall, especially Deviousness. There doesn't seem to be any bonus score applied for a bird damage state.
It feels like she would have been great back in the days of endless looping, but the 'hold W' meta is hard to play against.
That said, this is also how I felt about Cenobite (RIP good addons) before I figured him out.
Comments
I mean you can ready your power while its on cooldown, so that cuts down a second, which at short - medium distance gives the crows plenty of time to travel
Oh, #########, that's right... Didn't think of that.
Well, more testing needed.
that's a strawman to keep her bad against swfs and keep your viewers happy about that.
Nah, she's strong, just has a bit of a learning curve. Although I feel like she's weaker in the early game, and a lot stronger in the end game, But maybe it's just the way I play her.
Wdym they teabag in 80% of games you're losing
She's definitely a solid killer, and has a very high skill ceiling. I'm interested to see what people do with her.
One thing I've found is her power gets stronger and stronger as the match goes on, because being able to harass survivors off 3 gens no matter how far apart, along with nearly perfect knowledge of which gens are being pressured make her very strong late game.
On top of that, once the gens are done her ability to defend the gates is also pretty scary.
Only had a few matches on the PTB. On live, My opinion after quite a few matches with her is that she feels clunky. I liken it to playing in 500 ping lag or something. There's a delay to summon the crows, a block on summoning near a hook, a delay to place them all, a delay to fire, a travel time. All of this lends to her power feeling clunky to me as everything feels "slow" and delayed. I hook someone and I have to walk far away from the hook to even use my power. I place down birds and need to hard read since the act of summon mode+put crows down+fire takes so much time. I don't find her weak, I just don't find it very good design and feel she needs to be streamlined because as is it feels slow. It sucks that I can place crows and get through like 50 mashes of my ctrl key before they'll actually fire. There has to be a better way to bake in cooldowns on her without making her power feel unresponsive. I don't really enjoy lag and I sure don't like it when the effect of what lag does is basically baked into the character as a feature of her power or something. I don't think she is weak or needs nerfs and so far I don't think she needs buffs either. She just needs to feel smoother to play. Quality of life improvements needed big time.
'Clunky' is a good way to describe her - she reminds me a lot of pre-rework Plague.
Everything she does causes a hitch in her movement and she's really easy to just hold W against. She's great until people realize that repelling crows immediately basically negates her entire kit and she turns into another M1 killer.