No more sides, game needs balancing.
First of all this game is in a brutal state due to the ranking system. MMR makes it very hard for people to be correctly ranked within Dead By Daylight. Overall this is not the main discussion I want to have. It needs to be noticed before every survivor mains freaks out that I play both sides 50/50 and I barely call myself a killer or a survivor main. With that being said this is something that will help the game indefinitely:
We need to come to the realization that yes survivors are way stronger than the killer in this game's current state. If you immediately disagree with this statement then this thread isn't for you, I'm looking for people that see the game as it is. I once and awhile attempt to enjoy a couple games of killer and honestly it's unplayable. I don't look for 4ks every game or even 1 kill every single game that's beyond unreasonable. Sadly more often than not I'm getting 1-4 hooks a game and I feel incredibly outmatched. The problem that comes with this is it forces a killer to feel as if they need to tunnel or camp a survivor because they basically have no other choice. Which then enables the survivors to b* and cry about how the killer played near the end but 3 gens got done before the first hook. I completely understand that when new players come into Dead By Daylight- the killer more often than not controls the game. So if we were to come to a major fix we can't make it impossible for new survivors- I don't want that at all. But at the same time a little bit further into the rankings and killers have a hard time playing. Otz himself stated in a recent video that this is his first time truly seeing killers say they are done with the game- and actually meaning it this time. I feel as if Otz is a very reasonable person to listen to for this game and although he's stated that he's personally fine with it, he knows how killers feel right now. His skill is truly one of a kind and he may not deal with the struggles that the rest of us get.
This sounds like one big rant I understand but there is a reason why it takes about 10-30 seconds to get into a killer match and about 3+ minutes (depending on the time of day) to get into a survivor match. Killers are basically done with getting absolutely destroyed in this game, I thought the point of the killer in DBD is to be strong, not for the survivors to be. Between gen rates going too fast with toolboxes and prove thyself, to boon totems being placed everywhere when we already attempting a hard 1v4, there are a lot of complications for killers. Honestly as a survivor the only problem I do have is being tunneled and camped, besides that its literally our game for the taking every single time. Even when a killer attempts this there are tactics and many perks that force the killer to be powerless. (Body blocking, Borrowed Time, flashlights, etc.)
To end it, I feel like I am one of the very view that see how hard killers have it (without even being a killer main). The community itself is basically always at an outright war which I've seen from social media platforms. I understand wanting your side to be the powerhouse but if we want to balance out the game, suggestions and decisions need to be made. If anyone actually read this throughout the entire way I thank you and I hope you see some of the points I made, I even excluded out map design and map infinite loop complications in the game as well, I thought other discussions were critical to discuss. Please let me know what you think without being bias towards either side, thank you.
Comments