I Wasn't Merciless Enough

First game with The Artist, and as I like I do I try for Adept at Level 10 and only level after each game I don't get the Achievement until I hit a character specific Perk to gain. Well, here's the result of my first game:

Screenshot (11).png

The blacked out name is someone who was away at the start of the game (three crows on a locker) and then did very close to nothing after being unhooked (they moved around a bit). Name blacked out due to forum rules about not bad mothing people. The other three Survivors played really well, they got three gens done even when I was doing my best to kill them. Had I not been going for Adept I would have let all three of them live because of the one guy being a bad teammate but because I was going for Adept I didn't go easy on them. And they didn't make it easy on me, like i said, three gens done.

Thing is though, this wasn't enough for Adept, because of my current grade. I got this result:

Screenshot (9).png

Oh, and that gold Chaser?

Screenshot (10).png

Guess I was too busy setting up crows to go and find people to chase after hooking someone for a bit too long so I get a -1 that cost me my Adept. If I had been any lower Grade color, even just Gold 1, this would have been a double pip "Merciless Killer" game. But because of my grade and not wanting to wait for reset I don't get my Achievement.

The Achievement I went out of my way to get 12 hooks for. The Achievement I ruined three people's game by not going easy on them because they had a [excrement] teammate for. The one I didn't get because of how the Achievement works in combination with Grades.

I see a bunch of "Adept Killer is too hard" posts and while I tend to agree on some level this right here is a good example of why the way it is now is just...not right. There needs to be more leeway in things, I played a near perfect game and the only reason I didn't get the Achievement is because of my current Grade. My current Grade should have no impact on the Achievements, not even making them harder because of tougher opponents because that's what my super secret hidden MMR number is for. Grade is not a Rank, it is not a display of skill level, it is a display of time invested. My Grade should not impact my Achievements, and this needs to change.

The scoring has changed again, it is time for the Killer Adepts to change to match them. I think a good change would be to make the Killer Adepts be "In a public match, hook Survivors 10 time(s) in a single trial as the [Killer] using only [his/her] 3 unique perks." That's a leeway of two stages that can be skipped, meaning you can have two people go second stage first hook as long as you hook the other two people three times each or you can have one person only hooked once if you hook everyone else three times each. This would mean a simple 4k isn't enough to get it so you do have to work for it but will also make it so if you have someone who is away and dies first hook you don't have to try and super farm the other three to get it, just make sure to not even proxy camp another hook after and so if you've got a super immersed Survivor who you can't find until the EGC as long as you've hooked the other three three times each you still get it. It would make insta-down Killers easer to adept because you don't have to drag out chases for the Chaser Emblem and it wouldn't hurt the Malicious on either because of double healing vs single hit downs.

But for now I guess I have to wait until the 13th of December before I can actually get my Adept Artist.

Comments