Complaining about the new matchmaking.
The devs thought they were slick. They obviously added a new matchmaking system, or updated the previous one. Survivor queues are 5 mins minimum usually, and they always have over 100 ms. Never under that, and if it is, it bounces back and forth. Scotts video explains this better and with more detail. Just revert the ######### matchmaking, nobody cares if they have to wait an extra 30 seconds to find a game.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw_Fd7kBj1UEarlier today, CP off, got multiple consistent matches where I got hit through multiple windows when I literally completed the vault, and ran forward a little bit. And hit validation did nothing. The latency (in my experience) hasn't been this bad in months. Obviously they tweaked something.
Comments
Okay...
He does correctly point out that Steam numbers have remained fairly consistent, and excepting the standard autumn drop (every year sees one month in autumn with a 20%-ish falloff) don't show any serious consequence for adding MMR.
Personally, I'd like to see MMR be more reflective of skill on survivors. That said, the only way you are going to encourage more people to play killer is to make killer more fun (and powerful) at all MMRs. I know that my killer queues never go above 90 seconds on offpeak, while my survivor queues are seldom below 10 minutes on offpeak - and I'm intermediate at best.
I played 6 survivor matches yesterday, wait was under a minute each to get into lobby. Somehow in 5 of the matches I had the same killer - not same teammates though. First two matches I was last survivor and got hatch, last three the killer tunneled me out first to then get 4k. I should've dropped MMR thanks to the lost matches where I died first while that killers MMR should've gone up every single match thanks to 3/4k. Doesn't make sense how I kept getting matched against them, both of us apparently having quick queues. Old system I'd come across same killers every so often, maybe 2 matches back to back, but never 5/6 matches.
After those crappy matches I switched to killer, after waiting 5 minutes I said screw it and played something else. This also made me wonder how I could've been matched with same killer in under a minute when I couldn't even get a killer match in 5 minutes. Definitely feels like it's broken somehow.
There's other problems I have with SBMM, mostly that it shouldn't just be kill/escape. Just being kill/escape is not a good meter for skill, there should be more included. Just being kill/escape has also encouraged gameplay people have complained about not being fun like hiding in corners and camping.
I brought up hit validation because I got unfairly hit and didnt get healed afterward. I am not talking about MMR. I dont know why people are getting this confused. I am on west coast servers, I should not be consistently matching up with people in other regions. Literally getting over 100 ms every game, lagging very hard, making the game pretty much unplayable.