How THE GAME went from 10 to 30 pallets? What type of balance standard is this?
I'm honestly questioning.
I'm honestly questioning.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
When they released map kill rates something like 2 years ago The Game had one of the highest. I guess they just went the "unga bunga" way of balance and decided to make it a carpenter simulator.
It's called The Game, so they decided that the particular game must be Pallet Breaking Simulator 2018.
"What type of balance standard is this"
I'd call it the "see-saw" standard
The standard is typically "We understand what our spreadsheet is telling us, but we don't quite understand the 'why' of it."
It's nearly impossible to go down to an M1 killer on that map unless you make a pathing mistake, and it's hard to even make a mistake because it's a constant chain of safe pallets. I run Windows of Opportunity a lot. The Game is so far beyond busted. I have no idea how it passed an internal playtest.
The kill rate was high because solo queue players have an awful time with bad gen RNG/working in tight spaces. It had nothing to do with tile strength. You could get horrendous gen locks if survivors weren't paying attention (they weren't). You still can.