Lackluster balance patches leads to quick burnout
Something I've noticed amongst me and my friends is that about a month before a new chapter releases we start playing other games constantly. We share pretty much the same reason and that is due to burnout on the base game itself.
New characters can only keep a game refreshing for so long, having actual, well though out balance changes keeps players on the game for a lot longer.
I'll list what is good and bad in recent patches.
Good:
- Spirit nerf + jammy music made her feel more rewarding and more fun in general (at a cost of making her weaker and add on dependant)
- Vigil buff encouraging more synergy with exhaustion
- Plague buff solving a lot of her QOL issues she had
Bad:
- Pinhead add on nerf without base kit compensation. He was already a weak killer and was incredibly reliant on box opening add ons, these nerfs make it so there is no reason to play him now due to both weak chase and kinda weak pressure
- Slinger nerf made him incredibly unfun to play and no 1v4 compensation.
- Wraith nerf that didn't address what some people had issues with, instead changed his lunge which was the fun part for both sides. Also made him much less fun.
Thankfully trickster has replaced slinger for my go to for the time being, but that's 2 killers I quite enjoyed being almost obliterated in terms of fun and if I did have an odd day where I say "Yea lets play pinhead for a game" there's no reason for me now to do that.
Think, if the bad didn't go through I would be playing a total of 5 killers, do you know how much 5 killers is for a one trick like me? If I ever felt burnt out of a killer I could go to 4 others.
Now I've only got 3, and I cannot play plague more than 1 game a day so it may as well be 2, 1 of which is trash but fun and the other add on dependant.
Basically make better balance changes if you want players to play for more time between patches, k thanks.
Comments
Yeah but the survivors are happy they no longer have to face those killers you mentioned, and there are four of their wallets vs the killers one wallet. They are making balance changes they think people will like, they just simply don't care much about the killer playerbase. The balance changes are actually quite nice if you play survivor since then it is massively in your favor to an unfair degree.
We need like double the amount of balance changes we are seeing at about double the rate we are seeing them. We also get a lot of bad balance decisions that show a lack of understanding of the game, some of which you mentioned.