Is it normal to fall off an MMR cliff?
I have been playing this game for a few months, maining Pinhead. I have got a few killers to third prestige, so I have played a reasonable number of games. Up until now, I had been impressed by the quality of the MMR system. Even right at the start, when I was totally noob, I was averaging two kills a game. All the way up, it was fair and good. Obviously I would lose a few in a row sometimes, even get no hooks sometimes. No stress.
However, all of a sudden, I cannot win a game. Hell, I am struggling to even get a hook. I get 0k after 0k. If I cheese hard and mean I can sometimes get 1 kill. All four players can now loop me endlessly, and on the rare occasion I get a hook, they cooperate to take hits for each other. I am totally outclassed.
I don't mind that I am not good enough to play these people, in fact, I am glad the game has such a high skill ceiling, as I wont get bored so quickly. However, after a dozen games of being smashed, its starting to wear thin.
Is it normal to hit a certain point and not be able to win any more? Or have I just been staggeringly unlucky with the matchmaking? I read a few people say they deliberately tank lots of games to get to a game they have a chance in. That seems pretty anti-social, but at this point, going afk at the start of the game wouldn't change the outcome nearly at all.
Comments
High MMR is very difficult and it's almost impossible to win as Killer.
Currently there is a lot of complaints with the new MMR and many players having rough matchs.
Your MMR will eventually drop after several games with 0k and you will face weaker survivors again.