How do you play Nemesis against very good survivors ?

I loved playing Nemesis, he is fun.

But against high mmr survivors its a nightmare.

Against average survivors I had no problems getting tentacle hits and getting my mutation. Sometimes it was harder but it was possible.

I think I tryharded too much my Nemesis and I got matches that are too difficult for me.

Its almost only swf with BNP. But its not my main issue. The real problem is getting my mutation.

Against very good survivors its almost impossible for me. They are corner hugging so hard, they avoid vaults and pallets at all cost because they know I will tentacle them. They prefered to be downed by my M1 rather than allowing me getting my mutation.

And it is an effective play against Nemesis.

Im clearly not the best Nemesis and I only use my tentacle when they vault or pallet because Im too bad to hit them with my tentacle, they just avoid hits even if they are in the blue thing.

So how do you play Nemesis against these kind of survivors ?

Nemesis felt funny against average survivors, but now Im almost leaving him for Plague because im not effective enough and my mmr dont want to go down 😕

Comments

  • You stop playing Nemesis and start playing Nurse

  • @Carth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/2647863#Comment_2647863

    1. If he is trying to always whip you can try faking a drop and he will swing assuming you will be animation locked and (depending on tile and nemi location) can hug the loop and get out of the way
    2. You can choose to infect yourself via a zombie early to deny infection gain(hitting an uninfected survivor advances his tiers significantly more than hitting an already infected one)
    3. Nemesis has a .33 second window where he can drag his whip, the animation does not show this and this could be what you're getting hit with, the player can shift a little bit left or right and depending on terrain in between you and him he can still get a hit in this state.

    Lastly, if you are having significant trouble with his whip and regularly fail just hold W nonstop and don't try to loop him, you will still buy a significant chunk of time if he is only whipping you(2/3 whips depending on things). You can still buy 20+ seconds doing this at the very least.

    Killers are awful at the start of the game and is time goes on they get stronger. Nemesis is designed such that he emphasizes this even more. His early game is weaker than most killers(A power that does nothing and gives away 8 free speed boosts/hits). Now, if late game rolls around and he has T3 he is significantly stronger in chases and loops.

    Thanks, I appreciate it. Yea I didn’t know about the .33 window so that may be it.

  • Get to tier 2 as soon as possible and only use your tentacle at strong window loops, try to exhaust their Vaccines as soon as possible. At pallets angle yourself to destroy the pallet instead of hitting the survivor (unless theyre already infected and injured)

    Marvins Blood is his best add on by far and it only being a yellow add on there is very little reason not to use it every game

1 2 ›